Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Trayvon Martin witness: what does this tell us bout our society?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 110 Replies
2 moms liked this

So, not going to argue the case itself.  BUT if any of you paid just a bit of attention.  the key witness, the girl who was on the phone with him just before the kid dies...She, at 19 yrs old, cannot READ CURSIVE??   wtf?   Yes i know she changed her story 3-4 times in the past 2 days, lied to why she didnt go to the funeral and lied bout other things.

BUT CANNOT READ CURSIVE writing??  HER parents and her local schools should be bitch slapped

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM

My 14 year old can't write in cursive. Her school didn't teach it. 

bored-mary
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
3 moms liked this

THATS WRONG.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM
It is not taught in school anymore. I have a 9th grader, 5th grader, and 3rd grader. None of them have been taught cursive.
lilbit53009
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

i guess i don't understand the problem. it's not taught in school anymore.

not to mention...can you read the scripts your doctor writes? alot of people can't even read their own cursive writing

it's a shame all these moms on this site putting her down for it when it's not her fault...it's just how times are

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Cursive is dying out. I really don't think that is the case here, though. Sadly, a lot of people slip through the cracks and some people don't place a high standard on their children's educations. Other times, schools just herd children through like cattle in a chute.

pregnancy

Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

MANY MANY schools don't teach cursive anymore.  

Quoting bored-mary:

THATS WRONG.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Photobucket

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM

It is still taught around here, but I have heard that more and more schools are dropping it.

Quoting lilbit53009:

i guess i don't understand the problem. it's not taught in school anymore.

not to mention...can you read the scripts your doctor writes? alot of people can't even read their own cursive writing

it's a shame all these moms on this site putting her down for it when it's not her fault...it's just how times are

pregnancy

emmypaige
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I have no idea who you're talking about, but I know a lot of schools don't teach cursive anymore. When I homeschooled we did cursive, but I don't think my sons have learned any more of it since going back to regular school.
CheesyKitty
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM
What does their signatures look like? That's the only thing I use cursive for anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is not taught in school anymore. I have a 9th grader, 5th grader, and 3rd grader. None of them have been taught cursive.

LectioDivina
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I had to learn it in elementary school...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)