Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whats so great about an iPhone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 204 Replies
1 mom liked this

We're thinking about getting smart phones for myself, husband and 13yo daughter. While looking I am blown away at the cost of the iphone and the new galaxy. 

Why are they so much more then the other varieties of them? Whats so special about them?

I'm leaning towards to 

samsung exhibit, it's only $240....why shouldn't I buy that one?

Also I'm going with Tmobile all three phones for $90 a month. Is there a cheaper option that anyone can tell me about? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by Brandi on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Only reason I ever wanted ond was because of the camera, but honestly I think the pictures are better on my Experia Ion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I haven't seen a phone yet with a good camera. I have a camera, so I don't care much about that. 

Never heard of the Ion. 

Quoting bcoll:

Only reason I ever wanted ond was because of the camera, but honestly I think the pictures are better on my Experia Ion.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know to be honest with you.  I have a Galaxy and I love it and it's got a fantastic camera comparable to a normal camera.  My brother had switched to an iPhone after being a staunch Android user beause it was cheaper with his upgrade and he says there's nothing special about it and he wants to switch back to an Android.  I feel like a lot of it has to do with branding.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I have an iphone i can't wait to get rid of but i have another year before i can get something else. It freezes on me and i have had to get aa new one (under warrenty) twice because they kept crapping out on me. I thought it was me with the first one but i was crazy careful with my second and it still needed to be swapped out.....im on my 3rd one waiting for something to go wrong with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I want a galaxy, or an iphone... I don't need either though so I just bought a new iPad, and kept my cheap phone.
KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I don't like androids personally, and I feel the iPhone is simpler to use/text on. I've had androids and leaving predictive text on made my my messages come out crazy, and turning it off I had to proof read every single message before sending so it took longer. But I think android has better apps and more free ones.

Pnukey
by Jenn on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM

There is nothing super-duper about an iphone or a galaxy. We also have t-mobile, no contract phones, but we sure didn't pay $240 for any of our smart phones.

iPhones are for people who don't know how to make a decision about a phone. It makes all the decisions for them.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I have an iPhone and I love it, it was my first Smartphone.
But in all honesty, I'm thinking that when the time comes to renew my contract, I'm gonna go for a Galaxy. DH feels the same way. It seems Apple is a bit lost and they're really not bringing anything new to the table. They change one teensy thing and call it iPhone 5 and it's really not technologically better than the iPhone 4, lol.
The only reason I'm sticking with iPhone is that I'm too cheap and lazy to download all my apps again, lol
I do have to say, though, that iPhone is easier to use.
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM
You should read the consumer reviews.

I have an iPhone, but I don't do anything on it except text, call, fb and cm. Kind of a waste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM
My friend is a photography buff and she says the galaxy s4 has a great camera.

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't seen a phone yet with a good camera. I have a camera, so I don't care much about that. 

Never heard of the Ion. 

Quoting bcoll:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)