Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not agreeing with homosexuality = Closed minded?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 469 Replies
24 moms liked this

I have seen several posts on facebook from my friends (some who are gay, some who aren't), that are calling people who don't agree with homosexuality "closed minded".

Why is someone who doesn't agree with their beliefs "closed minded"? Are we all not allowed to believe what we want?

It's weird that *some* of those who are for gay rights want to hush those who are against it, but in return, don't want their beliefs to be hushed. It's like they want everybody to be ok with their beliefs.

I'm probably not making sense, but it just seems a little contradictory of some of my friends calling people close minded when they aren't respecting other's beliefs.

I haven't posted anything on facebook regarding this, because even though I personally don't agree with it, I've got my own life to worry about.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Superlaura328
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:48 AM
9 moms liked this

Everyone has their beliefs. I, personally, am pro-same sex marriage. I know lots of my friends are not. I don't think it's close-minded, though. I just wish people would be more respectful of other people is all. Think what you want to think, just be civil about it! :)

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM
28 moms liked this

I don't care if you don't believe in it. What I care about is if you actively try and stop people from being happy.

Also, you have the right to say your peace... that does not negate my right to tell you that you are closed minded, or a bloody idiot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM

*Seen.  You have seen.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM
30 moms liked this

Screaming for equality, yet hushing others that don't agree= the entire democratic party

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM
15 moms liked this

You can disagree with it all you(general you not you personally) want to. But when you try to force your views upon the whole world it becomes close minded. 

Photo: -Randi.

LectioDivina
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM
4 moms liked this

It just makes you a bigot.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM
14 moms liked this

It isn't something you can "agree" with. It's not an idea or belief system. So yes, saying you don't "agree" with homosexuality makes you sound like a closed minded nitwit.

CafeMom Tickers
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM
3 moms liked this

If your beliefs take away the rights of those you don't agree with. . .yes, its' being closed minded.

"Born for the blue skies, We'll survive the rain. Born for the sunrise, We'll survive the pain" Switchfoot

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM
4 moms liked this

Exactly. People need to be civil about it! That's why I keep my mouth shut. I love my friends and family (some who do believe in it and who are gay). Just because they choose to live their life a way that I don't agree with, doesn't mean I love them less.

Quoting Superlaura328:

Everyone has their beliefs. I, personally, am pro-same sex marriage. I know lots of my friends are not. I don't think it's close-minded, though. I just wish people would be more respectful of other people is all. Think what you want to think, just be civil about it! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM
12 moms liked this

No, you are not making sense.  That happens a lot when your argument is futile.  What is there for you to not agree with?  When will you realize that this isn't simply a belief?  They don't wake up one morning and decide to believe they are gay.  They are actually gay, whether you want to accept that or not.

Smh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)