Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There's not enough food!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 311 Replies
11 moms liked this

OMG, when did these kids become ravenous monsters??

I went grocery shopping. I bought 4 boxes of cereal. They were GONE after 2 mornings. This morning I cooked 15 eggs and 16 muffins. GONE! Yesterday for lunch? Five boxes of mac and cheese....GONE! Dinner last night, a 24 pack of hot dogs...not quite gone. They ate 19 of them. We got pizza...4 large pizzas GONE. I made chicken for dinner...used a whole family package of drumsticks. That was gone and they wanted more. Along with a large pot of rice, and forget the green beans because they were obliterated.

I need to buy a farm. A really big farm. I think it would work out cheaper to just buy a farm and animals and grow everything.

I realize I might get bashed for the food choices here. I have to buy as cheap as possible. If it's on sale and it's a lot of food in one package, I buy it. I make a lot of homemade stuff and stretch it out...but here in the summer when they're home all day, i can't seem to keep enough of ANYTHING in the house! It's cray cray.

*ETA* I have 8 children. No teenagers...I know a lot of kids eat a lot of food but honestly? They've never really gone through it like this before.

*ETA again* I feel compelled to say I'm not "bitching". Just a little amazed at how much they're packing away. No, I don't feed them ONLY processed food. I do keep fruits and vegetables and I do cook homemade food. I KNOW I have a lot of children and I KNOW they're going to eat a lot. They're getting bigger, I suppose it just shocked me how much more they're eating compared to last year. We can afford the food for them, but I do have to shop sales and at places like Sam's.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unspecified42
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow. How many kids are you feeding?? Is it Costco time? 

Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this
How many kids do you have?
MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Holy shit
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM
How many children?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM

8. I do shop at Sam's and a couple other places like it. It's still hard to find certain things the way I need them. Like, I can get a box with 3 or 4 boxes of cereal in it but, I need to find a box with 3 or 4 family size boxes of cereal in it. A regular sized box of cereal barely makes it through one morning.

Quoting unspecified42:

Wow. How many kids are you feeding?? Is it Costco time? 

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

O.O

Photo: -Randi.

mybabybugssmile
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Are all 8 of them yours?
SJG1013
by SJG on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM
4 moms liked this
8 kids can do that to you. Make them drink more water and eat more veggies. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Yes.

Quoting mybabybugssmile:

Are all 8 of them yours?

JLS2388
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

It's time to start using coupons

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured