Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I kicked my pregnant teenage daughter out UPDATE 2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 255 Replies

Today I kicked my daughter who is pregnant out of my house. This is her second pregnancy \. The first pregnancy she was 16. She came to me and we sat down and had a heart to heart. She told me she was pregnant we talked about her options. I told her that if she wanted to have the baby she would have to step up and get a job to help out with expenses and she would have to stay in school and graduate either earlier or with her class and that if she got pregnant again she was out of here. She agreed that that was what she wanted to do. I watched her daughter while she went to school and worked. Everything was going good. She graduated last year with her class. She is working now and hoping to move out to her own place. She has a new bf that I do not like that much but I try to remain civil with him. Well she just told me this morning that she was pregnant. I told her she needed to pack up her things and leave. I gave her 3 days. She freaked out at me and tried to get physical with me. I told her she needed to get out TODAY and so she left she told me she was done with this family and that she was starting "her" family with her bf. I didn't know what to say to that so I just stood there. She got up, grabbed her computer and phone and left. She left without her daughter. She texted me later that there was no reason for her to come back to the house and that I could keep all of her things. I guess her daughter is part of "this" family and not "her" family 

I am so devestated. She has a good enough paying job to get her own apartment. She hasn't already because it would be too much of a hassle to drive from her apartment to my house to let me watch her baby. She knew that if she got pregnant again that she would have to find another place. I can understand one "mistake" (not that her daughter is a mistake) but another is not okay and she knows that. I was willing to do whatever it took to help her with her daughter as long as she was preventing more children. I did not want to end up the grandma taking care of 4 children while my daughter still did nothing with her life. I can't help but feel like she did this on purpose for me to kick her out and for her to leave her daughter here. 

I just do not know what to do. I can't believe she just left my granddaughter here. She is 2.5 now and knows when her mom is gone.  I just can not believe this is happening. I felt she had come a long way she is 19 now and doing well in college and saving money for what I thought would be her and her daughters future. 

UPDATE: I have talked to my daughter. She found an apartment the day I kicked her out. She came back to get her stuff but we talked about me taking over custody of her daughter. She says she is not in a place to raise her right now. She didn't know how else to tell me she needed my help. I do not even think she is actually pregnant. Our conversation yesterday was short and brief she just needed some clothes. We are going to have a long sit down tonight and talk and see what exactly is going on. Thanks for all the support on here guys. 

Update 2; We were going to meet at my DDs favorite restaurant to talk. I went there and got a table. I waited for an hour and she never showed up. I tried calling and she ignored my calls. I texted her asking her what happened and she said she was at her place instead. I know which building she lives in but not which number so I can't go looking for her. I told her we could meet at the same time tomorrow but I havent got a response. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM

BUMP!

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM
23 moms liked this
I'll probably be told this isnt a helpful response but perhaps your granddaughter is better off with you. Yes youve raised your kid(s) and you didnt ask for this but you cant just hand her over to Someone who would just leave her so easily. Im 2 years older than your daughter and I was 18 when I had my son. Im sorry but if she hasnt matured in 2.5 years she may never.
fvmomof5
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow talj about irresponsibility. I would contact a lawyer and the police., she just abandoned her baby. The last thing you want is for her to end up in foster care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I have always thought she would be better off with me. Don't get me wrong my daughter is not a bad mom (not including how she is acting today) but I guess I feel she doesn't go above and beyond. Maybe what I am trying to say is that I wouldn't be fearful if she had her daughter but I don't think she is the best thing in the world for her. Sorry that makes no sense probably. 

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

I'll probably be told this isnt a helpful response but perhaps your granddaughter is better off with you. Yes youve raised your kid(s) and you didnt ask for this but you cant just hand her over to Someone who would just leave her so easily. Im 2 years older than your daughter and I was 18 when I had my son. Im sorry but if she hasnt matured in 2.5 years she may never.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, just continue raing that baby (well if you want to), and in a few months, if she hasn't come back for her, file abandonment charges on your daughter and file for custody. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
How incredibly selfish...

Seems like she's better with you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Do you think I should go to the police? I was kind of hoping she freaked out and didn't realize what she was doing. Idk. I am lost. I would gladly take my granddaughter but I would hope that it doesn't come to that. My head is spinning. I just dont know 

Quoting fvmomof5:

Wow talj about irresponsibility. I would contact a lawyer and the police., she just abandoned her baby. The last thing you want is for her to end up in foster care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
6 moms liked this
Oh cry a flipping river... no words of encouragement here, because you sound like trash, and so does your daughter. Remember, you raised her.
And grandma to four, plus raising them.?! You are over exaggerating, to make yourself feel better. It does not seem as if you are raising the little girl. You watch her. Big difference. And your daughter was just kicked out by YOU, if she has nowhere to go, or she needs time to gather her broken pieces, why cant you watch YOUR GRANDCHILD ? it sounds as if you dont want to be grandma. And shes 19, let go already. You cant hold Shit over her head. You are acting like shes 15 again, and youre ''punishing" her, PLUS your grandkids.
Your daughter may not be mature, but it sounds like she was doing a good job .
newmom121812
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM
6 moms liked this
i would contact courts and thing file abandoment charges and get custody. that little girl needs you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM
6 moms liked this

I agree with you. First time, your where there for her. Second time she is just being irresponsible. I think you should stand firm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)