Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sports bra, regular bra or cami w/built in bra?? Help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I'm over weight and can not find a bra that fits and is comfortable. I have tried sports bras but the straps cause irritation and are uncomfortable. They don't rub, or cause rawness/chafing.

so far the only thing I have found that works for me is the cami with built in bra cups things. Im having a hrad time finding them in stores now thougj. i usually buy a 2x  or 3x size. But have a hard time finding anything that doesn't crawl up, dig in, or cause irritation.

anyone care to share the type you wear? Brand? Where you bought it at etc..

THANKS

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Goddess bras.  They are one of the only brands I can find that sell my size at a reasonable price.  I used to go to Lane Bryant and get Cacique too.(They don't carry my current size tho).  Get fitted.  

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

SSweetcupcake
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Go to lanebryant . No cami has great support , I'd find a bra and not use a cami as a bra
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punky_1981
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I get my bras at Victoria's Secret. I have to have a bra with an underwire, and those are never comfortable. 

Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I use a bra and cami.
glitterrain
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM

i get the underwire bras but thats bc i have DDs lol idk what ur size is in that department, but i was a 2x and i would keep the straps a little loser, i also spend about 20 bucks a pop on bras bc im heavy and my boobs are big.   i never tried the cami ones!!! just try and get a bra with adjustments on the straps

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM
If you have bigger than an A or B cup, your girls need to be supported by more than just a cami.
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM

i have given up being comfortable in a bra.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Have you tried getting sized?

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I'm a 38D, and I wear all 3. It depends on what I'm wearing and what kind of coverage or support I need..  I also buy my regular bras from Victoria's Secret, they're undewires, but I don't find them uncomfortable.

HelenaHanbasket
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I'm a D cup and I've been wearing camis as bras for years. I think it's comfortable. I usually get mine at Target or Gordmans.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN