Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Very Annoyed with myself!

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

I don't even know where to even start with myself being so darn annoyed.

I am a SAHM to 2 beautiful girls who are 5 and 1/2 and soon to be 2 years old on Sunday.  I am married to a wonderful man, who I couldn't be happier and truly misses him when he is at work.  I am also a co-guardian of my DH's brother who is severe mental disabled whom is a grown man but acts like a 2/3 year old.

Now with my kids on the other hand, I have been to the point that I hate them so much with their attitude and refuses to listen to me.  When I have things to do and stuff to do, they whine, cry, screams at me saying that "I hate you" or "I don't like you".  Thanks to my 5 year old to start that and now I have hard time with my 2 year old. Anastasia is my oldest as been battling with myself and my DH about every little thing from getting up in the morning, getting dressed, doing stuff I tell her as well ask her to do, and going to bed.

My DH would jokingly with me and say who's idea was to have kids, Blah Blah, he wouldn't trade them for anything and loves them to pieces.  I on the other hand thought it would be some decent easy parenting to have 2 kids to have fun together as well work together, which I am not seeing very much of right now and just to get ready is a HUGE chore itself.  I do not want to go anywhere with them because I am usually so stressed out by time they are dressed.

I do not know to do or say anymore, and I know I will be bashed among someone on here.  Maybe I need some of that, I do not know anymore.  Since I got married and moved away from my comfort zone, I have not been able to make any good friends to go out to have fun with.

I am open for advise as well suggestions.

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommytoaangel
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Time outs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM
No idea... I assume maybe get a babysitter for a few hours a weeks... Maybe a change in dynamics would help?

You get time to yourself and regroup... And your kids can "torture" someone else
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Maybe find a way to get a break occasionally it helps

Kitten1025
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I have tried time outs and they don't work for the life of me.  Maybe I am doing something wrong.  

Quoting MommytoaangeI l:

Time outs

Mommytoaangel
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Pm me

Quoting Kitten1025:

I have tried time outs and they don't work for the life of me.  Maybe I am doing something wrong.  

Quoting MommytoaangeI l:

Time outs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmessina911
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I have a 4year old when he whines, ignore him. I look at him an say when you are done whining please come back and talk to me. If he continues I just leave the room. I have been doing this all week and it has really work. As far as getting dressed to go some where. we get up and get dressed every day whether we are going some where or not. That way we are ready for anything. Good Luck!:)

kentuckyrose
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Go to the library. they may have activities for kids as well as adults. You can meet other mother's while you are there at the library. Just a thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)