Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Zimmerman/Martin

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 280 Replies
Hearing today's testimony...

We can't deny there was a physical altercation and Martin had the upper hand. Zimmerman only gained the upper hand because he shot Martin.

Looking at it like that it does sound like self defense, no?

Hearing those facts, does it matter who started the fight?

If Zimmerman "threw the first punch" would that negate his self defense claim?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM
13 moms liked this

HE GOT OUT OF HIS CAR AND FOLLOWED A CHILD AND KILLED HIM.

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Theoddone
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM
3 moms liked this

What if he didn't follow him and the boy ended up robbing someone or raping someone or killing someone or doing all three?  Then they would have blamed Zimmerman for not going and seeing what this guy was up to. 

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

delilahsmom1177
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM
3 moms liked this
He was not doing anythng to suggest he was doing anything but walking home.
Quoting Theoddone:

What if he didn't follow him and the boy ended up robbing someone or raping someone or killing someone or doing all three?  Then they would have blamed Zimmerman for not going and seeing what this guy was up to. 

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:34 PM
My feelings too but today's focus seems to be on wether Zimmerman was defending himself due to the fact Martin had the upper hand, Zimmerman was calling for help, basically he was losing the fight... But if he started the fight would that not make Martin's actions self defense? And negate Zimmerman's self defense claim?

If someone attacks someone and the victim gains the upper hand would the attacker not lose any claim of self defense?

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Who would blame him? He reported it and was told to back off... He had fulfilled his civic duty by that point.

Quoting Theoddone:

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:37 PM
6 moms liked this
The fact is he shoot and killed an unarmed person after hunting him down. Why did he have a gun? Because we all just randomly carry a gun while watching the "n*****" as Zimmerman clearly said on the 911 tape. He is guilty.
delilahsmom1177
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Zimmerman started a fight the moment he stepped out of his car!
Quoting Anonymous:

My feelings too but today's focus seems to be on wether Zimmerman was defending himself due to the fact Martin had the upper hand, Zimmerman was calling for help, basically he was losing the fight... But if he started the fight would that not make Martin's actions self defense? And negate Zimmerman's self defense claim?

If someone attacks someone and the victim gains the upper hand would the attacker not lose any claim of self defense?

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

delilahsmom1177
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM
could not agree more
Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

The fact is he shoot and killed an unarmed person after hunting him down. Why did he have a gun? Because we all just randomly carry a gun while watching the "n*****" as Zimmerman clearly said on the 911 tape. He is guilty.

Theoddone

The neighborhood had a neighborhood watch for a reason.  Something had probably happened in the past and so now people are scared.  I live in a neighborhood where a guy escaped from a jail and ended up holding people hostage in there house at gun point.  You best believe I'm watching every person that walks around my neighborhood.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

He was not doing anythng to suggest he was doing anything but walking home.
Quoting Theoddone:

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Thompsonmommy84

If Zimmerman would have stopped following him when told to by the dispatcher they wouldn't be in trial....that is why he is guilty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)