Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He wants to sleep with our daughter??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 431 Replies

I'm divorced and have a 9 year old daughter, and 12 year old son.  My daughter recently told me that her Dad asks her if she wants to sleep in his room at night.  Like every now and then.  She does sneak into my room to sleep sometimes, but I don't care and it's not a big deal.  BUT, I wouldn't ask my son if he wanted to sleep with me and of course he never does.  Is this odd to anyone else or is that normal??  I get that he's probably lonely and stuff but I don't think having our dd sleep in bed with him is appropriate!  Right??

Edit: Wanted to clarify that it is my ex asking my dd if she wants to come sleep in his bed.  She isn't asking him.  While we were married, my ex hated the kids sleeping in bed with us, so yes, it strikes me as odd that he's encouraging it when my dd is now almost 10 yrs old. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM
23 moms liked this

I'd put both the kids in bed with him. lol.

He may just still see her as his baby and want her there.

Talk to him about it and just tell him you're uncomfortable with that set up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM
7 moms liked this

I understand your concern, is she is daddy's little princess? if it were my DH even if we were divorced i wouldnt really think anything about it cause i know who he is been with him since we were 15....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:39 PM
3 moms liked this
Maybe heknows she gets scared?
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:39 PM
4 moms liked this

No, I don't think that's ok.

thatgirlNH
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:40 PM
10 moms liked this

Or maybe he's turning into a flat out creeper - I mean, who knows. If it makes you uncomfortable, say something.

JewelJones
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM
55 moms liked this

Unless you know something about him that we don't, I don't see the problem. I have 3 boys, and I will sleep in the bed with them until their old enough to kick me out of their house.

coreilly89
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM
3 moms liked this
When I visited my dad I slept in the same bed as him until I decided his snoring was too loud. Im his baby girl. It wasn't anything inappropriate. I never felt uncomfortable or violated.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm divorced and have a 9 year old daughter, and 12 year old son.  My daughter recently told me that her Dad asks her if she wants to sleep in his room at night.  Like every now and then.  She does sneak into my room to sleep sometimes, but I don't care and it's not a big deal.  BUT, I wouldn't ask my son if he wanted to sleep with me and of course he never does.  Is this odd to anyone else or is that normal??  I get that he's probably lonely and stuff but I don't think having our dd sleep in bed with him is appropriate!  Right??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:44 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand your concern, is she is daddy's little princess? if it were my DH even if we were divorced i wouldnt really think anything about it cause i know who he is been with him since we were 15....

No, she's really not a daddy's princess.  Never has been.  I don't know why he'd ask her to sleep with him except for maybe he's lonely.  But...a little girl shouldn't be filling that void.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM
9 moms liked this
What? Did I read this correctly?

Quoting JewelJones:

Unless you know something about him that we don't, I don't see the problem. I have 3 boys, and I will sleep in the bed with them until their old enough to kick me out of their house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

not sure on this.. but since im the only female in the house all the time. with 2 boys if they ar escared or sick they get to sleep on a mattes on the floor of the bed where i can see them. and make sure they are ok and they can see me. but they are not load to sleep in my bed at all with me.. because one messed up word and DFS is checking into to it.. but since i can prove that they had there own bed on the floor they cant say much.. its just a old cribmatters that we keep just for that reason..  but thats just me..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN