Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He wants to sleep with our daughter??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm divorced and have a 9 year old daughter, and 12 year old son.  My daughter recently told me that her Dad asks her if she wants to sleep in his room at night.  Like every now and then.  She does sneak into my room to sleep sometimes, but I don't care and it's not a big deal.  BUT, I wouldn't ask my son if he wanted to sleep with me and of course he never does.  Is this odd to anyone else or is that normal??  I get that he's probably lonely and stuff but I don't think having our dd sleep in bed with him is appropriate!  Right??

Edit: Wanted to clarify that it is my ex asking my dd if she wants to come sleep in his bed.  She isn't asking him.  While we were married, my ex hated the kids sleeping in bed with us, so yes, it strikes me as odd that he's encouraging it when my dd is now almost 10 yrs old. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Replies (431-431):
BuckeyezRule
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Finally, ds, 9, closing in on 10, fall, 5th grade boy, has been in his own bed. He has friends over alot. Lol dd, mostly is in her own bed. She is mostly in her own bed. She's 12 1/2 mos younger than ds. 8 1/2. Going into 3rd grade. Our kids coslept for years. It happens. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)