Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Severe Diaper Rash

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM
  • 34 Replies

we must have given alyssa something that is too acidic or something because when she first pooped today, it immediately caused a severe rash. Parts of it started bleeding.  I am about to go out and get A&D Ointment to put on her instead of  rash cream. We immediately know when she's pooped everytime today because she starts crying in pain. Every change has hurt her so much that she starts shaking and seems to go into some shock-like state after we get a new diaper on, but after a few minutes she gets back to normal.

i am open to options that will get her to immediately start feeling better and will help clear up the rash. i just want my poor baby to feel better.

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahsmommy430
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM
CRISCO! No wipes use warm rags washing her butt
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Breastmilk will clear it up the fastest. Otherwise call her pedi as soon as the office opens.

sarahsmommy430
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:32 PM
If u are against that as i was weary of it t first bordeaux butt paste extra strength is great for bad rashes
mama_carmel
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:32 PM

lotramin foot cream.

momma-flynn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Use just water on a soft rag & water when you change her. Leave her to air dry if possible. Vaseline makes a good barrier & I never used corn starch but heard it works great too. Dd's pediatrician said to never use Desitin on her dashes.
KGreen75
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Destin with A&D ointment on top. No diaper until it clears up and do not use wipes on her. Give her a warm oatmeal bath.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tammy_lynne
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:38 PM

This was always my son's reaction to OJ. I always stuck to fragrant free, color free, A&D ointments.  

neva_eva_always
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Use a blow dryer on cool to blow dry the area and soft wash clothes in warm water. The kind you bathe her with and cornstarch. The dryer will make sure she's not irritated and the cornstarch will absorbe any extra moisture.

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:46 PM

We went through this when DD got ahold of apples (she's allergic to them) so along with the reaction she had the most awful diaper rash. It was bleeding too. I tried OTC creams with nystatin and what helped her was extra strength desitin plus nystatin mixed together. After two changes it was better.

HisAngel91
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM
cornstarch works for my son when he had a severe ine that bleed. Warm rag no wipes and some warm bath to helps
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN