Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a DH and a wife ask me anything

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies

I have been married to my DH for 10 years and we have 3 kids together. About 4 years ago, my best friend moved back in town, we always talked on the phone but hadn't seen each other in several years. She is a lesbian and I had long known I was bisexual. We decided to start a relationship, DH was cool with it, he only asked that we have 3somes together sometimes, not really even 3somes, it would be me and her while he watched and then me and him while she watched, he has never had any interest in having sex with her.

Last year, she came to me and said she wanted a family and that she loved my kids but she wanted her own. The 3 of us decided that she would move in with us and we had a small ceremony, which DH actually officiated.  We built a second master bedroom and I go back and fourth between her room and DH's. Then we decided to have a baby. My brother donated sperm and she got pregnant. I claim that child as my child. I got pregnant (with DH's child obviously) around the same time so we were pregnant together (poor DH).

All the kids are raised as siblings, we are both mothers to all 4 of the kids and DH is a father to all 4, including her's.We live out in the country, so we have a good distance between us and our neighbors, which is nice because we  don't have to worry about them being judgy. I am a SAHM, DH is a pharmaceutical representative and she is a nurse practitioner. I plan on having more children with each of them.

Ask me anything. I don't mind being asked personal questions, any questions are fine but bashing will be ignored

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM
What does your family think? Does DH ever feel ignored?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I have two husbands so kudos to us :) Have you encountered any negativity?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Why your brother sperm...?

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I bet that makes cleaning a lot easier.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Why not use your DH's sperm?? And I'm jealous. I had a lesbian friend stay with us for a few days and we messed around, but it ended badly (she got attached and I couldn't do that).

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM

This is not "bashing", I'm just wondering how the kids feel about that.  I would think that would be confusing.  Again, not a bash, I'm genuinely curious.  Does your husband or wife ever feel jealous like you don't spend enough time with them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Why didn't you use your husband's sperm? So all of the children could at least have the same dad?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I would love if you made a post about your life explaining how it all came to be and how the relationship works. Not a ask me anything post because its sooo frustrating sifting through replys to learn more. Please let quote me and let me know if you do make a post

!  fingers crossed

Quoting Anonymous:

I have two husbands so kudos to us :) Have you encountered any negativity?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM

My parents are divorced, my dad can't stand it and doesnt' talk to me but my mom his thrilled, of course she has know my wife since we were little since we were best friends. Of course my brother is very supportive (he donated the sperm). My sister was a bit weirded out at first but is now thrilled. My extended family is supportive. Her father is supportive, her mother died a few years before we got together and her brother is supportive. DH's family thinks it's gross and for a while refused to let her come to family gatherings until DH told them that if she isn't invited, no one comes because we are all a family. DH loves it. I am a bit emotionally needy so it has really helped our marriage. He said he is fine with us and our own relationship as long as he is included sometimes too.

Quoting ame85:

What does your family think? Does DH ever feel ignored?

luvschocolate
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM

if it works for you, great! I wouldn't mind 2 husbands, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)