Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Every single retailer on the face of the earth ...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Has dumped Paula Dean. Ok obviously I'm exaggerating but serious, every major retailer has officially dumped her. Some I didn't even know had her product.

I have never seen backlash like this in my entire life and there have been worse scandals than this.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM

that's pretty funny.. lol

Quoting KGreen75:

Yesterday or Today Dane Cook tweeted "Paula Deen was just somehow fired from the first job she held her freshman year of high school"

pinkjimmies06
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Oh go cry me a river. It's like Martha Stewart - like she's really gonna be hurting­čś░...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I think people are blowing shit out of proportion.

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM

But Paula Deen didn't really do anything to be punished for. 

Quoting pinkjimmies06:

Oh go cry me a river. It's like Martha Stewart - like she's really gonna be hurting­čś░...

ajrjj05
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Oh Jeez.. So what?! Everyone is racist in someway. 

You don't like blacks you are, you don't like whites you are, you make fun of fat people you are.. 

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

She's a bit of a racist apparently.

Quoting ajrjj05:

huh?

Quoting illinoismommy83:

She has free will and openly expresses it behind closed doors in a situation that does not involve the general public. 

Quoting ajrjj05:

what did she do?! I am not following the story. 

illinoismommy83
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Yep. 

Quoting NewInChrist:

....nearly 30 years ago

Quoting illinoismommy83:

She has free will and openly expresses it behind closed doors in a situation that does not involve the general public. 

Quoting ajrjj05:

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Not quite.

Quoting ajrjj05:

Oh Jeez.. So what?! Everyone is racist in someway. 

You don't like blacks you are, you don't like whites you are, you make fun of fat people you are.. 

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

She's a bit of a racist apparently.

Quoting ajrjj05:

huh?

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Quoting ajrjj05:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Check Walmart!  I was just there and they have an entire aisle that is clearanced PD cookware!

Quoting Mother.May.I.:

The only thing that pisses me off? I just got her pan set this past Christmas. I was going to add to my collection soon. I wanted  her bakeware and knife block. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

IMO they are all doing it to try to cover their butts because she fits the stereotype of a racist.  It is disgusting as to what so many others did and they were forgiven.  Michael Vick and his dog fighting, Martha Stuart and her insider trading... I am sure there are many others... Mel Gibson and racial slurs about Jews.... hmmm... I could go on but I think you get the picture.

I feel sorry for her, well, not really sympathy... more like empathy.  She apologized. It was how many years ago??  Seriously people, get over it.  How many people out there are able to honestly say that they have never said something that they regretted or used a racial slur??  To be punished this severely because of comments made over twenty years ago is just plain sick.  I am hoping that there is a network out there that is smart enough to look passed the BS and take her on and give her a show.  She worked hard to get where she is....

People need to get over themselves and move on. There are more important issues going on in the world other than an old southern woman using the "N" word.....

Mother.May.I.
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I cant afford it right now. :(

Quoting kellysparkles:

Check Walmart!  I was just there and they have an entire aisle that is clearanced PD cookware!

Quoting Mother.May.I.:

The only thing that pisses me off? I just got her pan set this past Christmas. I was going to add to my collection soon. I wanted  her bakeware and knife block. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)