Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I had DHS/SRS/DFS at my house today

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 60 Replies

This is a long story so I apologize. 

6/25/13 I took my kids to a new daycare for the 1st time.  She asked me to drop both kids off at the library at 10 because it is story time. I did as she requested at 10:45 story time was over and she left. I came to pick up my children at 2 she told me that she accidently forgot my son at the library but went right back to get him when she realized it. Making it sound like she just got down the block turned around and went back. I brushed it off it can happen right?

6/28/13 - There is a knock at my door it is DHS or department of human services saying there has been a complaint agains my daycare on Kayden's behalf. I was shocked to say the least I asked what happend. She said on 6/25/13 the daycare lady left my son at the library for an hour and a half by himself.  He was there for an hour looking for me he even went outside by himself to look for mommy's truck *this is what my son told the investgator* At 11:45 my son approached the desk crying saying he could not find his mommy. They could not figure out who he belogned to so they called the YMCA who also had their daycare there for story time. *small town* They said no he wasn't their's but that he was being babysat by my daycare lady and gave them her phone number. They called her and she said OH well it will be a bit before I can get him. She showed up at 12:10 to pick him up. 

Now not only did she leave my 4 year old by himself for an hour and a half she charged me for the whole damn time as if he were there. I am having a hard time not going to confront her about her behavior but I am going to try to let DHS handle it first. 

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM
2 moms liked this

pick up the phone and confront her! i would.. why not? you don't have to go all screaming lunatic, but i would most definitely be having a conversation immediately.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Omg!!! I would be soooo pissed off!
robyann
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Wow that's terrible! I hope you wont' be taking your kids back there! 

staci1103
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Oh my word!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Do not send him back there!
Famousglm714
by Gina on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Wow! I just cannot believe her. I don't even know what to say.
allabout11708
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I would hand that bitch her ass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM

jaw drop

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Furious wouldnt even begin to describe my reaction.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah. I was with you up until your last paragraph. Now I think you are a troll.

Who finds out their four year old is left alone for an hour and a half and worries that the babysitter charged then for that time? You went too far, OP.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN