Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MIL is coming in 30 minutes... is my house presentable?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'll post pics in replies, tell me what you think... I left out my room because Im not worried about my room and the guest room since dh is dropping off mil's bed so there's nothing in there yet...
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Replies (111-117):
hreynol25
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Move that pile of stuff in the corner. Vacuum too. The vacuum lines look wonderful:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kattcooper
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I never once said your house is messy or dirty!

Quoting NewInChrist:

Who said I keep a dirty house? My dishes stay done, my clothes stay put away, my counters stay clean and my bathroom is always clean. My living room is questionable since ds prefers to play I'm the living room but my house isn't dirty.

Quoting kattcooper:

I personally wouldn't be able to live comfortably if I had to scramble to clean things up when somebody was coming over!

I strive for a clean house always! Everybody is welcome whenever! My house is very rarely ever messy!

kattcooper
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:06 AM
And really? If you thought your house was so clean why would you have posted pictures on CM to get the approval of people you don't know!
Also? Why would you care what your house looks like to you MIL if you think it's clean?

Quoting NewInChrist:

Who said I keep a dirty house? My dishes stay done, my clothes stay put away, my counters stay clean and my bathroom is always clean. My living room is questionable since ds prefers to play I'm the living room but my house isn't dirty.

Quoting kattcooper:

I personally wouldn't be able to live comfortably if I had to scramble to clean things up when somebody was coming over!

I strive for a clean house always! Everybody is welcome whenever! My house is very rarely ever messy!

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Is there a reason, why? A phobia or something?

What about family photos

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

You would have a panic attack on my house then because my walls are covered on photos.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

It is fine but why are your walls bare?

I flip out if there are photos on the wall and am not much better with just pictures.

I can't sleep in a room if there is a portrait or a photo in it.

I would.

My therapist has to turn all her pics on her desk on their face or I won't speak out.

She thinks it is strange but that is her job.

It is just a phobia I developed a couple of years ago.

My therapist said it is not a part of my any mental illness any more than being afraid of spiders or snakes.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

mom2ljh
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Tell me more about this licking room. LOL

Quoting leslie1989:

Looks fine, my licking room looks like a tornado came through. An almost 2 year old tornado! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I do as well, two or three but I figured she was only working with one.  Which even with one it would look better folded.

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

I do two folded next to each other :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Because when you hang a hand towel on a rack it looks so much nicer folded.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why??? It's hanging on a towel rack............OP, why don't you have a colored shower curtain? Not bashing , just wondering. Did u just move in?.....btw I think the rubber duck soap dispenser is cute. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Fold the towel.

Quoting NewInChrist:

Mobile Photo

Guest bathroom

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed, in my mind a room is not clean until you can see vacuum lines.

Quoting hreynol25:

Move that pile of stuff in the corner. Vacuum too. The vacuum lines look wonderful:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)