Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Jumping in head first?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:52 AM
  • 413 Replies
3 moms liked this
So I am a 33 yr old divorced for 2 yrs now single woman with one 14 yr old daughter. I have been dating a 34 yr old man with 2 daughters ages 6 & 7 for about a month. I have known him for 2 months. I am absolutely falling for this man. Things are going good. He lives 70 miles from me which hasn't been much of an issue so far. But he asked me to move in with him. When I told him that that is a little far frim any of my family he said "well what's an acceptable distances? " He is willing to relocate for me. He said "I know its jumping in head first but I'm really sure about us." So I asked if he was falling for me he said well I know that I will. Umm ok. I told him we had to be in love at the least before I would live with him. My questions are... Do u have to be in love with someone before living with them or does that grow afterwards? Do you have a "jump in head first" success story? Someone advise me please but don't bash me...I'm aware of the risks. But are there advantages?
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:53 AM
26 moms liked this

2 months is really quick in my opinion to move in with someone, especially when mixing families. 

NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
6 moms liked this

That seems way too fast.  Good things are worth waiting for.  I loved dh before we lived together.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:55 AM
25 moms liked this

I would not jump in that fast....especially with a child. I would have to be very serious and the relationship stable before I would even consider moving in with someone.

ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:59 AM
8 moms liked this

With children involved I think it is too fast. If it was just you and the guy then I would say go for it, but he has kids and you have a child. With children involved I think it is best to go slow.

I felt like I "jumped in head first" with my SO, but we knew each other for 4 months before moving in together AND we did NOT have children.

Best of luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:07 AM
9 moms liked this

Is it possible maybe he's doing it for financial reasons ? 2 incomes vs 1 ? I don't get why he would want to if he wasn't a hundred percent sure about you just yet. Dh & I only knew each other 6 weeks & jumped for it we lived 60 miles away. We've been married 8 yrs now. We didn't have kids yet. I would hesistate with kids involve. You should find out his true motive first

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

2 months is really quick in my opinion to move in with someone, especially when mixing families. 

Pam74033
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:29 AM
2 moms liked this
He does ok by himself. He has a large 4 bed on property he is buying. I literally make half as much an hour as him. He knows I want to go to nursing school and has offered to support me while I do that. Offered to help me get another car and helped loom for jobs in his area. Idk what his motives are but its tempting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it possible maybe he's doing it for financial reasons ? 2 incomes vs 1 ? I don't get why he would want to if he wasn't a hundred percent sure about you just yet. Dh & I only knew each other 6 weeks & jumped for it we lived 60 miles away. We've been married 8 yrs now. We didn't have kids yet. I would hesistate with kids involve. You should find out his true motive first

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Hmm I'll never understand guys I'm guessing he does care a lot for you but not sure if its love yet. Def talk it over with him to make sure he's for sure. Maybe give him some time even if its just a week to make a complete decision. If your in a good place now it'll be hard to move in together & it not work. Do you spend the night together yet ? Who knows though ? I'm a sucker for love. You could always take the risk and if its meant to be... :D
Quoting Pam74033:

He does ok by himself. He has a large 4 bed on property he is buying. I literally make half as much an hour as him. He knows I want to go to nursing school and has offered to support me while I do that. Offered to help me get another car and helped loom for jobs in his area. Idk what his motives are but its tempting.

Quoting Anonymous:

ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:00 AM
4 moms liked this

Why would you do it if he can't even say he is in love with you yet?

Do his kids live with him? Maybe he wants someone to help with them?

whatbwould your daughter think about all,of this? How much has she been around him? How would she feel about moving away from her fire do and school etc?

Pam74033
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:01 AM
3 moms liked this
We did our first overnight together last weekend. It was nice. Went to kids tball games, shopping, out to dinner, and I cooked him dinner one night. It was an awesome time. I'm in an ok place right now but what he is offering sounds so much better. I'm tempted but apprehensive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm I'll never understand guys
I'm guessing he does care a lot for you but not sure if its love yet. Def talk it over with him to make sure he's for sure. Maybe give him some time even if its just a week to make a complete decision. If your in a good place now it'll be hard to move in together & it not work. Do you spend the night together yet ? Who knows though ? I'm a sucker for love. You could always take the risk and if its meant to be... :D

Quoting Pam74033:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)