Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you allowed to go out without your SO?

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you allowed to go out with your girlfriends without your SO/husband?

I called a girlfriend up to see if she wanted to have a girls night. She told me she wasn't "allowed" to go out without her husband.

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Replies (191-200):
Shabbydoll78
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I would crack the hell up if he ever uttered the words " You're not allowed" in relation to anything.

I'm a woman,not a child.He's my man,not my daddy. 

Momof697
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess it depends on what you call going out.  I call my friends and we get together and chat over dinner or whatever but none of my friends or I go out and drink alcohol and 98% of my friends do not drink at all. So it is just dinner and conversation. I do not think that even going to a bar with my friends would raise a flag to him because he knows me and my friends.

Ms.Rios11.28.05
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I can go out whenever I want, even go on trips lol. I have a friend who can't do anything without her kids because the husband and father refuses to watch them alone. We went out one night and she had to get a sitter even though he was at home. That's some shit I wouldn't put up with.

RevivingOphelia
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Yep! Before I had our 2nd, I used to do girls' nights quite often. With my 2nd, I haven't really. But my DH would never stop me. He just has a hard time calming Hunter, so I feel bad, and don't plan them unless I can bring him. But if I wanted to, he says yes.
mom2bell
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Of course
Saaski656
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM

it sounds like a controlling and possibly abusive relationship to me. Hope I'm wrong on that.

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Hell yes! I wouldn't be married to someone that didn't allow me.

starry_mom
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I wasn't allowed, but I let him, and he brought a girl home... We're divorced now ..
aimkins18
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd like my hubby to tell me I can't do something without him! I go shopping/couponing all the time and he doesn't go. Hell be keeps our child(gasp) so I can have breaks. A husband or SO isn't your dad.....
Diverwife84
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Yes! We have this special thing called trust lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN