Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are minorities exempt?

Posted by   + Show Post
Is it just ok for minorities to use racial slurs? Seriously, I personally am beginning to get offended by the standard.

With light and love

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Qmama206
by Nobi ❤️ on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Whites are the real minorities in this world. There are more people of color in the world than there are whites. Nobody is exempt from using nasty racial slurs. People can say whatever they want to say we unfortunately cannot control speech. 

working-girl
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree.

A black person can call me a cracker but I can't say Nigger or Nigga unless I'm Black.

Paula Dean is being punished for off the cuff comments she made 30 years ago.. yet Psy has made it public that he hates ALL Americans, and laughs all the way to the bank because American's are supporting his music career.

This country is all kinds of fucked up! The double standard makes me want to puke!

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM
6 moms liked this

Because apparently they cant be racist. Only white people can be racist.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this
You're not allowed to ask questions of this nature.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Its ignorance. I live by the rule treat others how I want to be treated. If I get no respect I walk away from the dis respectful ones. Yes I have noticed your statement aswell. Its said. But some people just have no class.. what can you do????
working-girl
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Quoting working-girl:

I agree.

A black person can call me a cracker but I can't say Nigger or Nigga unless I'm Black.

Paula Dean is being punished for off the cuff comments she made 30 years ago.. yet Psy has made it public that he hates ALL Americans, and laughs all the way to the bank because American's are supporting his music career.

This country is all kinds of fucked up! The double standard makes me want to puke!

NOt that I WANT to say NIgga or Nigger... I hate both words! Regardless who says them.

A CAMPING WE WILL GO - Do you LOVE to camp? Maybe something you've never done but would like to try? Join us for camping conversation, reviews, tips, recipes, and more!http://www.cafemom.com/group/118687

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM
2 moms liked this

because some white people did some bad things over a hundred years ago so now we must persecute the ones that dont even have anything to do with it and make sure they get low priority on jobs now and no freedom of speech

crumpy_gat
by No. on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Really? I didn't hear that about Psy

Quoting working-girl:

I agree.

Pnukey
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM

It's not ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I disagree, the only racial slur that carries any more weight than others is the N word. Yet it's ok for a Hispanic to say weda or honky but not ok for a white to say border hopper or beaner... That's a double standard.

Quoting Mcelly:

Yes they are, because whatever racial slurs they use dont't have the history of hate that slurs used by whites have. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)