Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are minorities exempt?

Posted by   + Show Post
Is it just ok for minorities to use racial slurs? Seriously, I personally am beginning to get offended by the standard.

With light and love

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
working-girl
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM

His music is banned from my house. I do not allow my children to sing it. I do not allow them to view his videos on Youtube. When it comes on the radio, I change it. I will not support a man who does, or once did, believe it is ok to wish harm on American soldiers... or ANY soldier for that matter!

And look at him now... taking the stage on AMERICAN Idol...

Sickening...

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Dafuq!!

Quoting working-girl:

MY POINT EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It barely even made news! But Paula Dean's career is ruined because of something she said IN THE PAST!

"In one performance, he smashed a model of a US-made Bradley Fighting Vehicle on stage. Two years later, he reprised a metal number, “Dear American,” which called for the killing of US soldiers and their families."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/psy_america_hate_1LnmKkVIjuF3iSda8hXLIP

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Really? I didn't hear that about Psy

Quoting working-girl:

I agree.

A black person can call me a cracker but I can't say Nigger or Nigga unless I'm Black.

Paula Dean is being punished for off the cuff comments she made 30 years ago.. yet Psy has made it public that he hates ALL Americans, and laughs all the way to the bank because American's are supporting his music career.

This country is all kinds of fucked up! The double standard makes me want to puke!

A CAMPING WE WILL GO - Do you LOVE to camp? Maybe something you've never done but would like to try? Join us for camping conversation, reviews, tips, recipes, and more!http://www.cafemom.com/group/118687

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Me either. I thought it was mainly N. Koreans that hate Americans? Psy is from S. Korea and for someone whodupposedly hates Americans seemed pretty cozy doing Hammer Time at the Grammy's with MC Hammer.

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Quoting working-girl:

I agree.

A black person can call me a cracker but I can't say Nigger or Nigga unless I'm Black.

Paula Dean is being punished for off the cuff comments she made 30 years ago.. yet Psy has made it public that he hates ALL Americans, and laughs all the way to the bank because American's are supporting his music career.

This country is all kinds of fucked up! The double standard makes me want to puke!

working-girl
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Ummmmm.... Would YOU bite the hand that feeds you?????????????????????????

Despite what he said in the past, he is making $$$$ of us American's. So why WOULDN'T he get cozy with MC Hammer?

I guess the better question to ask here is WHY would the awards show producers even invite such a person ONTO their stage??????????

Quoting Anonymous:

Me either. I thought it was mainly N. Koreans that hate Americans? Psy is from S. Korea and for someone whodupposedly hates Americans seemed pretty cozy doing Hammer Time at the Grammy's with MC Hammer.

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Quoting working-girl:

I agree.

A CAMPING WE WILL GO - Do you LOVE to camp? Maybe something you've never done but would like to try? Join us for camping conversation, reviews, tips, recipes, and more!http://www.cafemom.com/group/118687

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM

No, women have also been oppressed since forever, and so women are entitled to special rules that men aren't.  We get our own free clinics, free legal aid, affirmative action laws, etc.  I'm just saying that as a white person I don't have the right to question any special treatment or exceptions that apply to any minorities because I can never know what it's like to be a race that has been oppressed for centuries.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think African Americans are the only people to be oppressed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Centuries of oppression.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Why haven't I heard this until today though is the better question? Why hasn't it been mentioned all over the media?

Quoting working-girl:

Ummmmm.... Would YOU bite the hand that feeds you?????????????????????????

Despite what he said in the past, he is making $$$$ of us American's. So why WOULDN'T he get cozy with MC Hammer?

I guess the better question to ask here is WHY would the awards show producers even invite such a person ONTO their stage??????????

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Quoting working-girl:

I agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I have actually been told by a black person that she couldn't be racist. Only white people can. The definition of racism is not when a white person discriminates against (insert race here).
Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Because apparently they cant be racist. Only white people can be racist.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I don't pay attention to it, as it don't hold no weight when it comes to term RACISM anymore.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I never knew that we could. In that case. I'm off to call some Asians, chinks and some white guys, crackers. Then I'll sing "can't touch this" and run away
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Whites can't say it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM

So white people have never been oppressed? White people have been slaves and oppressed. Do your research.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, women have also been oppressed since forever, and so women are entitled to special rules that men aren't.  We get our own free clinics, free legal aid, affirmative action laws, etc.  I'm just saying that as a white person I don't have the right to question any special treatment or exceptions that apply to any minorities because I can never know what it's like to be a race that has been oppressed for centuries.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think African Americans are the only people to be oppressed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Centuries of oppression.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)