Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would your husband/boyfriend/sig. other be okay with you going out of state to a concert without him/her?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM
  • 30 Replies

A friend of mine and I were talking and I am going to Ill. (from OH, it's a 6 hour drive) to a concert next weekend & will be hanging out with a group of friends (some I have already met in person and some I only know from online) the day of the concert and after the concert. My oldest son is going with me but my husband is not (he has to work and then he has a softball game on Sunday so he cannot go). We are leaving at 3a on Saturday morning and will be home on Sunday afternoon. My friend is shocked that my husband is "letting me go".  I had never considered him not "allowing me". I am 46 years old and he knows that I am pretty capable of taking care of myself and our almost 27yo son will be with me so it's not like I am going to be all alone.

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. He works be fine with it.

Have fun!
msb64
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Next month I am taking our teenage daughter to a four day music festival out of state!  My husband is the one who came up with the idea and surprised me with the tickets.

elitish
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. We do all the time. I don't understand the issue. It's a concert. Not an orgy.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Well for us going out of state to a concert is the 1.5 hour drive to Dallas.  Personally I dont think I would want to go without him, but I know he would be ok with it, especially if my adult child was going with me.

TattooedMomto4
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Thanks. This is my 1st road trip/concert without my husband and I am actually very excited about. Yes, my son will be with me but after the concert he'll go back to the hotel room to sleep and I can hang out with my friends at the hotel bar. It's only my 1st because it's never come up. Hubby knows that this concert is a big thing for me and he was the one who told me to see if I could find a way to get there and if I could he had no issues with me going. I just kind of tossed it out and he was the one who went with. I called my oldest son (who MAYBE knows 3 sons by the performer we are seeing) and he said yes right away because he knows how much the concert means to me. Plus, we have never had a bonding moment like this and it will be nice to hang out with him since he lives an hour away and we don't see a lot of him. :-)

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Yes. He works be fine with it.

Have fun!

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Sad that some women are either so dependent or content with their partner calling the shots

TattooedMomto4
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Have fun!

Quoting msb64:

Next month I am taking our teenage daughter to a four day music festival out of state!  My husband is the one who came up with the idea and surprised me with the tickets.

sadiebug1228
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Mine goes without me all the time. I have to take care of the kids and I don't have any one I trust to keep them over night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I do as I please. As long as I can work it around his schedule or bring our son with Im good. 

Photo: -Randi.

anonym00se
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I think the that he would be uncomfortable with me meeting people I've never met 6 hours away from home. Lol.

He would not care if I went out of state to a concert with friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN