Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your married and he's never met your young child ? how does that work ??!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I got my hair done at a salon today and the girl ( she's 22) I'm not much older by the way said she just married a marine that she's only known for a few months . She's moving across country to live with him later this year . She said her toddler sons dad has never been in the picture so she's glad she'll no longer be a single mom. I then replied yeah and I'm sure he is really good with your son right ? That's when she dropped the bomb and said well ... Actually they've never met . I was dumbfounded . Who the heck marries a person when they don't even know how they'll be around their child. Maybe he's a great guy I dunno but that sounds crazy to me. How could a respectful man marry a woman without even meeting her child ? And vice versa. I just smiled politely and said " oh ". I know she wasn't lying about getting married or moving bc the other girls in the salon were talking about it to her too. I just can't see how you could put your child in that situation of Poof one day here's your new daddy !
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM
It's risky and it shows the desperation to not be a single mom anymore...

After a year my son met dh and after that we got married another year and a half later... I can't see this working out in her favor... Especially if he has no real experience with kids or had time to deal with her having a kid

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I definitely agree

Quoting Anonymous:

It's risky and it shows the desperation to not be a single mom anymore...

After a year my son met dh and after that we got married another year and a half later... I can't see this working out in her favor... Especially if he has no real experience with kids or had time to deal with her having a kid

Val99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I introduced my second husband to my kids after a year and a proposal.  My "yes" didn't have to be contingent on the kids because they were 16 & 18 in college and not living at home.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM

DependaHooooooooo!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
* you're
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

* you're

*you're annoying
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Quoting Val99:

I introduced my second husband to my kids after a year and a proposal.  My "yes" didn't have to be contigent on the kids because they were 16 & 18 in college and not living at home.

Yeah that's completely different also bc they aren't being raised by him
StephMosDef
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I wonder if he even know that she HAS a kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Quoting StephMosDef:

I wonder if he even know that she HAS a kid.

That's a good question ! And who was watching her kid while she was running around with a marine and getting married without her son being there ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM
No, what's annoying is people that don't know the difference between your and you're.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

* you're

*you're annoying
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)