Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I had his account deleted! *gasp*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
My 12 yr old brother got a Facebook account a couple year ago with the stipulation that my sister and I monitor who he is friends with and how he talks, etc. I noticed a few times that his language was not so great and being mean to a girl that lives across the street from him. I let my mom know (she doesn't know much about computers, otherwise would monitor it herself) and she yells at him for a min, and that's it. I told him that I have no problem having his account deleted if he keeps it up. Well this past week his posts consisted of "what's up my n****", "what is reggin spelled backwards?", and "b****** be like, where's your wallet?". I let my mom know (feel like such a tattle tale lol), and it was her same reaction. So I made the decision myself to have his account deleted. I reported to fb that he is under 13 and using bad language... his account was removed within a couple of hours. I don't even live in the same state, and don't feel that I should be the one having to discipline him, but I guess someone has to do it *sigh*

Would you care if this was your child or sibling? Was he just being a normal kid, and I overreacted?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Im not sure..but he will just go create another one.. and not tell you about it so now you won't know what he's doing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I think you're were right, but it's very easy to create a new email and make a new fb

Quoting Anonymous:

My 12 yr old brother got a Facebook account a couple year ago with the stipulation that my sister and I monitor who he is friends with and how he talks, etc. I noticed a few times that his language was not so great and being mean to a girl that lives across the street from him. I let my mom know (she doesn't know much about computers, otherwise would monitor it herself) and she yells at him for a min, and that's it. I told him that I have no problem having his account deleted if he keeps it up. Well this past week his posts consisted of "what's up my n****", "what is reggin spelled backwards?", and "b****** be like, where's your wallet?". I let my mom know (feel like such a tattle tale lol), and it was her same reaction. So I made the decision myself to have his account deleted. I reported to fb that he is under 13 and using bad language... his account was removed within a couple of hours. I don't even live in the same state, and don't feel that I should be the one having to discipline him, but I guess someone has to do it *sigh*

Would you care if this was your child or sibling? Was he just being a normal kid, and I overreacted?
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM
No overreaction. He knew the rules and chose to break them, end of story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:06 PM
You did right. I'm struggling with my cousin atm, she's 14 and her parents are both her fb friends yet are in denial about her behaving like the next 504 and posting it all. But if I do.anything again she will block me and I might not see something bad until its too late. I might not be so worried if she had an ounce of sense, but she accept requests from those random accounts from Pakistan, afric etc and has wired them money and sent them nudies
neva_eva_always
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM
it's easy to get a new account and I'm surprised fb did anything or maybe he just blocked you and sis. They block you and it looks like it's gone. I've reported underage drinking pics, a page making fun of someone cutting themselves and fb saw nothing wrong with the pics. the underage drinking I knew those kids personally and am shocked the mom didn't even blink about them posting those pics.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM
How did you contact Facebook. I have been trying because dd had an account hacked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I know, and I've thought about that. I didn't tell them I did it, though I'm assuming they know... but others were complaining about the status' as well. I haven't received a call though and I did it yesterday. If he does create another one I'll have that deleted too, I'm sure he'll friend our other siblings.

Quoting Jessy613:

Im not sure..but he will just go create another one.. and not tell you about it so now you won't know what he's doing

Val99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I would not allow anyone under the legal age for FB (13) to have an account in the first place.  I respect IP laws.

lilpep100
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM

My DD is 13. She can have hers legally, but I know the password, I make sure she stays in line. She knows if she posts anything with horrid teen like grammar or pictures of her making duck faces, it will be removed. She barely goes online as it is, she's busy with sports and school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM
fb sent me emails. the only reason they did anything was because he's under 13... which is against Facebook regulations to have an account that young.

Quoting neva_eva_always:

it's easy to get a new account and I'm surprised fb did anything or maybe he just blocked you and sis. They block you and it looks like it's gone. I've reported underage drinking pics, a page making fun of someone cutting themselves and fb saw nothing wrong with the pics. the underage drinking I knew those kids personally and am shocked the mom didn't even blink about them posting those pics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)