Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I had his account deleted! *gasp*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My 12 yr old brother got a Facebook account a couple year ago with the stipulation that my sister and I monitor who he is friends with and how he talks, etc. I noticed a few times that his language was not so great and being mean to a girl that lives across the street from him. I let my mom know (she doesn't know much about computers, otherwise would monitor it herself) and she yells at him for a min, and that's it. I told him that I have no problem having his account deleted if he keeps it up. Well this past week his posts consisted of "what's up my n****", "what is reggin spelled backwards?", and "b****** be like, where's your wallet?". I let my mom know (feel like such a tattle tale lol), and it was her same reaction. So I made the decision myself to have his account deleted. I reported to fb that he is under 13 and using bad language... his account was removed within a couple of hours. I don't even live in the same state, and don't feel that I should be the one having to discipline him, but I guess someone has to do it *sigh*

Would you care if this was your child or sibling? Was he just being a normal kid, and I overreacted?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Replies (21-29):
LoveNaCupcake
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:22 PM

How is he only 13 if he was 12 a couple years ago when it was made?

Chances are he will create another one.

LilliesValley
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I wouldn't have even let him have a fb account but he got a warning and did the same behavior. He's not going to change the behavior unless the situation changes. I'd say he needs to wait to be 13 or whatever the requirements are at this point. I would probably have left it up to your mom, but if she's kind of lacking in some areas of parenting then I see no issue with you going ahead and doing it. No reason to encourage hoodlum like behavior.

LilliesValley
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Wait so she shouldn't attempt to parent and have rules for a teenager? That's about the stupidest fucking thing I've seen today! Wow. Yeah don't attempt to have rules and parent, just do whatever the fuck you want because there's always ways to get around the rules. SMDH.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilpep100:

My DD is 13. She can have hers legally, but I know the password, I make sure she stays in line. She knows if she posts anything with horrid teen like grammar or pictures of her making duck faces, it will be removed. She barely goes online as it is, she's busy with sports and school.

So you don't think her friends are hooking her up at school? All she needs to do is get a new email and um ... be a kid. It's a NORMAL thing to do those. I wouldn't use home fb with a ridiculous mother like you. Teens have phones with the internet and she can make an email very simply. Use nick names (kids do that with stuck up mothers) instead of real names and have real fb.

Maisy08
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Yea bad kid, Paula lost her show for less than that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM
he just turned 12 this past may.... he created the account a couple of years ago, when he was 10. Fb rules are that you must be at least 13 to have an account

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

How is he only 13 if he was 12 a couple years ago when it was made?

Chances are he will create another one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM
He will just make another one
lilpep100
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM

No, she doesn't have kids hooking her up at school. She doesn't go to ghetto school. My kids go to a strict school, and they like it. She's seen friends from her old school with stupid postings. She brings them to me and says things like... why is she so stupid? We teach our kids that what you put on the internet will always be there, and when it comes time to get a job, they tend to look at that too. She can't stand illiterate posts (another reason she barely goes on FB). I'm actually raising a caring and respectful kid. From your post, ANON, I'm assuming you are the parent of the kids posting LMS, and crap like that. Your kids probably have duckface pics all over their pages. I'm not in denial about anything, and I'm not a ridiculous mother. I think parents who let their kids have free reign on the internet are ridiculous. Acting like an idiot online is NOT a normal kid thing. If you think it is, then that's sad. My kids have better things to do than FB.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilpep100:

My DD is 13. She can have hers legally, but I know the password, I make sure she stays in line. She knows if she posts anything with horrid teen like grammar or pictures of her making duck faces, it will be removed. She barely goes online as it is, she's busy with sports and school.

So you don't think her friends are hooking her up at school? All she needs to do is get a new email and um ... be a kid. It's a NORMAL thing to do those. I wouldn't use home fb with a ridiculous mother like you. Teens have phones with the internet and she can make an email very simply. Use nick names (kids do that with stuck up mothers) instead of real names and have real fb.

MrsLuciano02
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM

My 12y old sis has one and both my dh, 29y sis have access to it and she knows that if anything gets posted that shouldn't be, she will get it taken away. She lives with my 29y sis and is hardley on because she is either busy with school or being a kid and haning out with friends. She can't get on fb on her phone because her phone doesn't have internet acess and my 29y sis will also take away fb from the 12y if her room/chores are not done/clean

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Lol I just deactivated dd12 fb for language too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN