Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What don't you like about your inlaws?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Kids are wild over here! What drives you crazy at the inlaws?

Update #1 thank you everyone for your Responses. I did my best to reply to each of you or "like". 

Update #2  Thank you everyone again. Things were put into perspective for me. I will Appreciate what I have

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Replies (351-352):
garnet83
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM

1. My mil over indulges her children and her grandchildren and makes excuses for their wrong doing rather than teaching the to accept responsibility.

2. They're unorganized, scatter-brained, and they create clutter.

3. My fil lays around all day, milking his disability, and claims to not feel well enough to help around the house. However, he manages to be the first person at church every Sunday, never misses a church event, works multiple jobs in the church and goes to nursing homes to visit elderly people (all good things that are appreciated, but he should devote just as much time to his home).

4. My sil is a crazy loon who resents Dh, our children and myself because we are the "favored" ones. Well, yes we are. She almost let her kid drown because she thought it was ok for her to hang over the side of the pool unsupervised and my fil was the only one who even noticed when she fell in, she refuses to work and she leaches off the system and keeps up with when my fil's disability is deposited so she can take money from him, and my bil is an addict who let his ex gf that he impregnated when she was 16 run off leaving him with a kid that he didn't want to take responsibility for and let my mil and fil raise as their own. So, yeah, we are favored.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Yes, this does take the cake. I can only hope you and ur DH have a strong connection 

Quoting garnet83:

1. My mil over indulges her children and her grandchildren and makes excuses for their wrong doing rather than teaching the to accept responsibility.

2. They're unorganized, scatter-brained, and they create clutter.

3. My fil lays around all day, milking his disability, and claims to not feel well enough to help around the house. However, he manages to be the first person at church every Sunday, never misses a church event, works multiple jobs in the church and goes to nursing homes to visit elderly people (all good things that are appreciated, but he should devote just as much time to his home).

4. My sil is a crazy loon who resents Dh, our children and myself because we are the "favored" ones. Well, yes we are. She almost let her kid drown because she thought it was ok for her to hang over the side of the pool unsupervised and my fil was the only one who even noticed when she fell in, she refuses to work and she leaches off the system and keeps up with when my fil's disability is deposited so she can take money from him, and my bil is an addict who let his ex gf that he impregnated when she was 16 run off leaving him with a kid that he didn't want to take responsibility for and let my mil and fil raise as their own. So, yeah, we are favored.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN