Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you offended by this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Are you offended by any slang sayings? Such as...

"Dude, that is so gay!"

"Can you jew him down?"

"That is so redneck!"

I don't know all of the sayings out there, but I was just wondering with how politically correct you have to be nowadays if there is anything that really offends you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Replies (61-70):
Maisy08
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Nope

siennasmamma
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Not at all. I'm offended by next to nothing. Lol.
KGreen75
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I dont find any slur personally offensive but a slur is a slur is a slur.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM

My dh is Native American and his sil used the term "half breed" a lot. In front of our son. I didn't care for it and told her so. She told me I was too sensitive. I told her not to come visit me anymore.

RissyLee
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I'm not offended, but I do think they're offensive and inappropriate. It's not something I would say, and I especially wouldn't say it around people I didn't know very, very well
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

It means to get someone to lower the price of something....to get a good deal.

Quoting .Zombie.Girl.:

Jew him down?... Never heard that one but anyways, I'm never offended by anyone that I don't love. Their opinions don't mean anything to me.  

aJiG827
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM

They don't offend me, necessarily, but I still don't like to hear them. Strangers, eh. My kids? Hell no. My youngest ss said something was "retarded" today, and I told him he's not allowed to say that. My oldest ss is always saying something is "pimp" or "pimpin'". He's not allowed to say that in my house, either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM
You couldn't tell by context? My parents always told us not to use words or phrases that you don't know the meaning or definition. Good rule of thumb. I thought it was common sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a shame that you would judge someone. Because I honestly until last year did not know what "jew them down" meant.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would judge anyone who used any of those as ignorant and uneducated. I would assume that they were racist or prejudiced without a modicum of knowledge about manners and class. They are deragatory and not meant to be used by people with sense and empathy. Words do matter. Look at the history of propoganda. Thoughts translated to speech lead to feelings and action.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM
No
MalloryR
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Nope.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)