Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was I wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Poll

Question: Was I wrong by forgetting a promise

Options:

yes

no

Other because there has to be

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

I know someone whom hoards birds. This person has 30 plus birds. I got some birds as babies and promised this person one. Why I dont know. Then I started thinking about it and didnt want to give this person a bird because the pet would be trophy. Well the person reminded me where is his bird and I honestly forgot that I said yes at first. So I said you can have some from the next batch. Well the person said I dont want any of your birds. I read what I wrote and remembered I promised this person a bird. So I said I am sorry I forgot you can have one like I promised. The person still said no. I feel bad but I honestly forgot. There is a part of me that is glad the person didnt want one though.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Technically yes. A promise is an obligation, but in this case it's probably good you forgot
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:13 AM

I felt bad but in someways I am glad I forgot. I have a lot on my mind. If I was in the person's shoes I would understand that people do forget and it does happen. I wouldnt get mad though,

Quoting Anonymous:

Technically yes. A promise is an obligation, but in this case it's probably good you forgot

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:13 AM

What do you mean he hoards them???? Does he have a large avery and look after them or what? I guess you shouldnt have promised him one in the first place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:16 AM

No he has a bunch of cages in his house. Some are pet birds and gives them toys so he doesnt have to play with them. He has other animals too. I feel close to these birds I am handfeeding its weird. They look at me like mom. This person has 30 plus birds its insane.

Quoting Princess_s21:

What do you mean he hoards them???? Does he have a large avery and look after them or what? I guess you shouldnt have promised him one in the first place.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Technically a promise is an obligation you've given yourself and it is wrong to forget. At the same time it's human to forget things, even promises. We lead busy lives and cannot seriously be expected to remember everything. Next to that, some promises aren't nearly as important as others. That said, I voted that you are not wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:18 AM
I wouldn't get mad either. It does sound like he over reacted but I think even that worked out to your benefit because you can only say "next time" so many times. I'd just let it go. Don't stress it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I felt bad but in someways I am glad I forgot. I have a lot on my mind. If I was in the person's shoes I would understand that people do forget and it does happen. I wouldnt get mad though,

Quoting Anonymous:

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:18 AM

yeah that is a little wierd

Quoting Anonymous:

No he has a bunch of cages in his house. Some are pet birds and gives them toys so he doesnt have to play with them. He has other animals too. I feel close to these birds I am handfeeding its weird. They look at me like mom. This person has 30 plus birds its insane.

Quoting Princess_s21:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:19 AM

If you knew my personal life you would see why I forgot. I have a lot going on and this was the least of my worries. The only things I dont forget are that are at my home infront of me. The outside world I have a tendancy to forget.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Technically a promise is an obligation you've given yourself and it is wrong to forget. At the same time it's human to forget things, even promises. We lead busy lives and cannot seriously be expected to remember everything. Next to that, some promises aren't nearly as important as others. That said, I voted that you are not wrong.

LCG83
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. Does he take good care of the birds be has though?

Quoting Anonymous:

LCG83
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Oh that's sad. Poor things. Birds are so sociable too. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Princess_s21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)