Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do You Ask or Tell Him ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Your SO/Dh......like if you want to go get a new dress...do you tell him you're going to go get one, or do you ask him if you can go get one?  

If  you want new towels....do you go get them or ask his opinion?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Replies (31-40):
ChloeDolce1
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:50 AM
If I want something, especially something for myself like clothes, I don't ask or tell him. I just get it. Even towels or something it's the same I just get it. I only ask his opinion if its something that effects him. But I've never asked " permission" to purchase anything. We dicusd large purchases together but it's not like I have to ask if I can. I'm an adult and smart enough to know what we can afford and what we can't.
SouthernMamaof1
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Why would I ask my husband permission for anything?
all_4_my_son
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I just get it....I run the show, not him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM
A new dress or towels, I just get them. If it was a $3000 tv, we discuss it. For example we have been discussing getting an above ground pool. We decided to do it next summer because we would have to level our yard out and it would be too much work right now. So basically any amount that we would take out of savings we would discuss

When we get paid we set aside a certain amount for spending money and savings, and bills so we know what we can spend and don't have to ask each other or discuss it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wissotamum
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I'd just go get them.
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM
How much is the dress? A $100 -$150 dress, I'm just going to get it. If I've fallen in love with some $300 dress, I will get his thoughts/opinions. If he says he'd rather I not purchase it, I don't.

I saw some picture on polyvore that had a Michael Kors purse. I guess the bag is $400. I want to go get it today. I will most likely ask his thoughts about it first. It isn't a relationship requirement, I just feel that it's something I should do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I ask permission for all purchases.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I just buy them. I don't ask or tell, I just do. 

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Really? ALL purchases? And more importantly, WHY???

Quoting Anonymous:

I ask permission for all purchases.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM

A new bedding set? Sure, Ill ask because its his room too. A dress, no? Im the only person that has to like it. Towels? No, he doesnt care. I dont ask to buy anything unless it costs a lot of money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)