Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What size shoe do you wear?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
I want to see if anyone has as hard of a time finding shoes as I do. I'm 5'3, 100 lbs and I wear a 3 in kids. I go as low as a 2.5 for things like flats and chuck Taylor's an I have one size four pair of heels (my only pair!) and a size five pair of boots that are too big,even with padding and socks and leggings. All of my shoes are kids. I can't ever find adult shoes (my heels were Jessica Simpson found online. I totally reccomend them from Amazon), and if I do they're too expensive or too big. My worm shoes (I'm a nurse) are 4's because my feet swell after not sitting down for 12 hours. Though kids shoes are cheaper, it def. does stink shoe shopping, I can't go with my friends into women's, I have to go Into the kids department. I live in my toms kids shoes. So comfy. I haven't changed shoe sizes since 6th grade (I'm 22 now) and can still fit in the pairs I've kept throughout the years. I don't wear down shoes- Idk why. What size do you wear? Do you have trouble shoe shopping? where do you like to go get shoes?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy404204
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I have the exact same problem. I a 5 foot tall and wear a size 3 usually to depending on the cut of the shoe it is difficult to find something that doesnt look like a childrens shoe lol

keerah311
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I wear size 6. No trouble shoe shopping. I love just fab their shoes are really nice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Amazon has good, cheap heels and Nodstrom's kids section has kids shoes that are identical to the women's version (like Steve Madden sandals and the like), you should check if out!

Quoting mommy404204:

I have the exact same problem. I a 5 foot tall and wear a size 3 usually to depending on the cut of the shoe it is difficult to find something that doesnt look like a childrens shoe lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I am so jealous. What a perfect size to have!

Quoting keerah311:

I wear size 6. No trouble shoe shopping. I love just fab their shoes are really nice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I'm 5'3 and wear a 9.5 or 10.
NorthStar09
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:47 AM

5. I can buy lots of kids' shoes and lots of adults' shoes. Not much trouble, except some nice adults shoes don't come in 5s.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Did you know kids sizes generally run 2 sizes smaller than women's? I can wear a 3 in kids or 5 in women's. I do find it harder to find my size though, but I also find the women's 5 goes on sale more often.
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I'm 6ft and wear a size 12 in women's. I have such a hard time finding shoes, that most of the time I just stick to wearing men's.
vickiheitzler
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 5 ft and wear size 6, I don't ave trouble shopping for shoes. I like to go to Payless because they always have good deals.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I'm right at the cusp of a 3. 5's never fit me- if they do its rare.  I feel like no one ever carries size 5 down here,

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you know kids sizes generally run 2 sizes smaller than women's? I can wear a 3 in kids or 5 in women's. I do find it harder to find my size though, but I also find the women's 5 goes on sale more often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN