Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the ex wants to meet my kids????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
I'm fuming...absolutely pissed. Ive been with Dh for 8 years but his ex and her family lingers around and pops up when I think she's gone for good. Come to find out she and her family want to meet my kids. Ummmm....hell no...she never respected me and there is no need for it. Pissed my husband even thought it was smart to mention that to me...what would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jscott1216
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Well I wouldn't be mad at dh for being honest that's for sure. Unless he actually suggested they meet. Then I would be upset he thought it was a good idea. Because there's no reason for it. But just because he was honest about what they said is no reason to get mad.
the.warden
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM
So his ex wants to meet your kids?? I say... NO
Omd12
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I say no but be very glad he asked you. Some men would have done it and not asked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Looks like your dh wants to keep her around
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I think he should use better judgment and nip it in the butt. There is nothing wrong with telling her to move on with her life and its not going to happen. I'm nervous because she is always at the same festival as us on july 4 and dh is insisting on taking the kids without me...

Quoting Jscott1216:

Well I wouldn't be mad at dh for being honest that's for sure. Unless he actually suggested they meet. Then I would be upset he thought it was a good idea. Because there's no reason for it. But just because he was honest about what they said is no reason to get mad.
Talienas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM
3 moms liked this
His ex? Do they have kids? Because I fail to see why that's even considered let alone why they communicate to where this would be suggested?
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Um no. I wouldn't even care if they had kids together the answer would be no.

I have met my ex's kid with his gf & she obviously has met mine. The only reason I have met the kid is because gf has a nice little habit of being nosey & coming outside when I drop off or pick up the kids. IDK if she just wants to rub it in my face she is with him or if she is trying to see how ex acts when he's with me (cuz she knows he has cheated on her with me after our divorce).
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this

This, it just sounds a bit odd unless you've left something out.

Quoting mommy_me:

Looks like your dh wants to keep her around

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:46 AM
They dont have any kids together....its been 10 years and shes dating his best friend now...

Quoting Talienas:

His ex? Do they have kids? Because I fail to see why that's even considered let alone why they communicate to where this would be suggested?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Whoa. Is she STILL an ex??? Sounds way too suspicious! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I think he should use better judgment and nip it in the butt. There is nothing wrong with telling her to move on with her life and its not going to happen. I'm nervous because she is always at the same festival as us on july 4 and dh is insisting on taking the kids without me...

Quoting Jscott1216:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)