Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dad didn't tell her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
About us......he's living in illinois but came home yesterday for the 4th of july....well he dropped his phone at the bus station down there. I was waiting to hear from him because i knew he was coming. He is living with another woman down there well she has his phone she called yesterday while i was in the bathroom i just so happend to check and saw his number.

Thinking it was him when she picked up i said hey old man whats up......her response "who's this?" I answered with "This is his oldest daughter, who's this?" She proceeded to give her response and said my dad left his phone at the bus station.

She knows about my brother and sisters but had no clue about me and his grandaughter. Guess my dad isn't as proud of my daughter and me as i thought. He pinned his hopes on me and when i got pregnant at 22 he told my sm i was ruining my life and wasn't going to amount to anything.

I feel guilty now for subjecting my daughter to this man who isn't proud of me for what i didn't accomplish, he's not even proud of me for what i'm doing on my own i've only needed his help once and i guess in his eyes once is too much. My stepdad sees being a grandpa and honor but my dad not so much.

It seems like my dad would be more proud to be a grandpa than anything considering he begged me to make him a grandpa.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:32 AM
That's sad. Sorry.
Christy644
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM

i think i'm lost. 

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM

wow.. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I'm not even sure i care to see my dad anymore after this

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

That's sad. Sorry.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Hugs momma. Your dads an ASS.

FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I'm sorry!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM
My sm and brother and sisters live here. His gf who he left in illinois to come home for the holiday knows about them but he did't tell her about us me and his grandaughter......i had to tell her myself

Quoting Christy644:

i think i'm lost. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM
She didnt know about you but your dad said to her you ruined your life?

Ne'er mind.... I thought the sm was the same woman as the woman he was living with... It's funny that you are a "disappointment" but he's been divorced, cheating on his current wife and lives with another woman... Asshole
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Tell him go go to hell and cut him out of your life. Hang out with people who do appreciate you and love you.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I don't blame you but maybe you can talk to him first & see if he has an explanation. Maybe he has just started seeing her or something. Could he be insecure about his age & just didn't want to say he's a grandfather yet until he's more secure in his relationship with her? Not that that would make it ok but just maybe he has a reason that you all can work through.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not even sure i care to see my dad anymore after this

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

That's sad. Sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)