Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Don't have pets and like it this way

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

We've never had a pet.  I can't stand the idea of a dog walking around outside and then coming inside and making my floors dirty.  Don't want hair from shedding on my furniture, floor or on our clothing.  Anything walking underfoot that is not a child is an annoyance to me.  Cats are even worse,  They smell, they are sneaky and their urine is so foul it is unbelievable.  They jump on tables, counters etc.   I can't be the only one that dislikes pets.  I do not dislike animals.  Just have no desire to live with them.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meg0620
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM
We don't have any pets and really don't plan on getting one.
Wicked.Jester
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Ummm....good for you?

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM

then its good you dont have them..is someone bugging you about getting a pet?

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I feel the exact same way! I LOVE cuddling and loving on other people's pets but I have no desire to clean up after one, smell one, buy food for one, pay for vet bills, arrange for care when we're gone, ect. No thank you.

No desire what-so-ever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM

If my dog wasn't as great as he is we probably wouldn't have pets either. It was kind of an emergency situation that we rescued him from, and he's literally been like my best friend. He kind of just fell into our family though, I probably wouldn't actively seek to get another pet after he passes. The fur and dirty floors ARE a major pain in the ass! And I would NEVER get a cat, they are disgusting!

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Lol okay.

What's the point of this post?

I'm glad you don't have animals lol

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I feel the exact same way.
Josie_P
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I love our pets but you are definitely not the only one that dislikes them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM
They're so expensive too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Good for you. I have had cats and please believe they tried to get on my table/counters and never tried it again when I smacked him/her off it. You can train your cats not to do that. I have a dog now and he is my little buddy and yes he might shed but that is why you have sticky rollers and a vacuum to clean up after them. Some people would call what you describe laziness.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)