Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 17 year old daughter is pregnant..and I am 37!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My daughter is pregnant and due in August. She and her boyfriend (the father) told my husband and me when she was 9 weeks pregnant. I was shocked, horrified, disappointed, humilated etc. I still feel those things, and is it awful of me to be embarrased when seen out in public with my very pregnant daughter? I hate the feeling of being judged by others. I feel angry when my daughter talks about how unfair it is that we still wont let her go on vacation with her boyfriend. She had a curfew, they were never allowed alone together in our house, if they did go to her room they had to keep the door open and were not allowed to be on the bed. Then I find out that many of her friends are allowed to spend the night at their boyfriends house, go on vacations etc. But of course my daughter is the one who gets pregnant!! Does anybody else feel this way?

Let me add that I took my daughter for birth control pills and apparently they also used condoms...Did I approve of the idea of her having sex? NO! Yes I was also a young mother, and I know EXACTLY how hard it is to raise a child, and go to school, find a decent job, etc. My daughter has been with her boyfriend for over 3 years, and has a 3.5 GPA, runs track (or did), and works part-time. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
fallenstars
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:23 PM
This.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

She got pregnant because you made her sneak around and didn't feel like she could come to you about birth control or condoms.

It is your fault. <--- No beating around the bush.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM
The teenage years are a very fertile age. Ripe young bodies, I suppose. How old are u?

Quoting Anonymous:

It frustrates me that we've been ttc for a long while now with no luck and teens get pg like nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM

My mom was asked if she was embarressed of me having a baby at 18 and the father walked out on me. She said no. She had me at 17. I will make sure my kids know they can talk to me and if they get pregnant my husband and I already decided if they truly feel they want to live with the other parent or the other parents family kicks them out they are free to live with us and we will help them. They will need to work and pay for the baby but I will watch the baby. I could never be ashamed of my child. Just ashamed of how I raise my children.

enaih
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Get over it your daughter is pregnant and your going too be a granny..it happens every day..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

She got pregnant because you made her sneak around and didn't feel like she could come to you about birth control or condoms.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this
I didn't realize that her pregnancy was all about you. That's interesting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM
This. It took me 12 years to have another one after my first (I was actively TTC for at least 6 of those) and a 16/17yo can fall pregnant just like that? And 80% of the time they don't even CARE about their babies? Yeah. Unfair.

Quoting Anonymous:

It frustrates me that we've been ttc for a long while now with no luck and teens get pg like nothing.

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM
6 moms liked this

I'm sorry but THIS is just DUMB

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

GabrielsMami10
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Congrats on being a Grandma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM

You were a young mom and she will be, too.  Get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN