Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 17 year old daughter is pregnant..and I am 37!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My daughter is pregnant and due in August. She and her boyfriend (the father) told my husband and me when she was 9 weeks pregnant. I was shocked, horrified, disappointed, humilated etc. I still feel those things, and is it awful of me to be embarrased when seen out in public with my very pregnant daughter? I hate the feeling of being judged by others. I feel angry when my daughter talks about how unfair it is that we still wont let her go on vacation with her boyfriend. She had a curfew, they were never allowed alone together in our house, if they did go to her room they had to keep the door open and were not allowed to be on the bed. Then I find out that many of her friends are allowed to spend the night at their boyfriends house, go on vacations etc. But of course my daughter is the one who gets pregnant!! Does anybody else feel this way?

Let me add that I took my daughter for birth control pills and apparently they also used condoms...Did I approve of the idea of her having sex? NO! Yes I was also a young mother, and I know EXACTLY how hard it is to raise a child, and go to school, find a decent job, etc. My daughter has been with her boyfriend for over 3 years, and has a 3.5 GPA, runs track (or did), and works part-time. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Thank you..that is exactly what happened! And she was on birth control pills, and she said they used condoms. I was not happy to hear that they were having sex, but they have been together for 3 years. Unlike some of the people on here, I try to enforce rules for my children, and do not just let them do whatever they feel like, sleep with whoever and wherever they want. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I would really like for some of the idiots on here to say this stuff to my face..hiding behind their screens, and saying things like the apple doesn't fall from the tree...great piece of advice there too!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I just took her the month before for birth control pills. Apparently they were using condoms. I did not approve of her having sex, and yes the same thing did happen to me at the age of 20. Guess what! I married her father and we have 2 more children together. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Great advice!! Thanks..Sure DD, go on up there and have you some sex, while the rest of us, including your brothers, have family time downstairs!! That would be awesome!!!  

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:33 PM

whats done is done, stop concerning yourself with others and focus on how your daughter can best support her child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM
What a crock of an answer!
Teenagers will always find a way no matter what. Even if she felt comfortable in her own home. Knew all the ins and outs of birth control . It can always happen.
The OP did what she felt best for her family!

Quoting Justine1993:

This. If you would have communicated that sex was ok but condoms and birthcontrol are a must and she could do it in the privacy of her bed room as long as she was being safe this would not have happened. So get over it its your own fault she's pregnant.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

She got pregnant because you made her sneak around and didn't feel like she could come to you about birth control or condoms.

It is your fault. <--- No beating around the bush.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

She got pregnant because you made her sneak around and didn't feel like she could come to you about birth control or condoms.

It is your fault. <--- No beating around the bush.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM

SHE WAS ON BIRTH CONTROL PILLS!!!! THEY USED CONDOMS!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Thank you!! Amen to your reply!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured