Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your DH make you hide anything nice you do from your MIL?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

MIL always posts about things she does and asks where I get stuff and then goes out and buys the same items with no shame and tells us she went and bought it.  She goes out to eat with FIL and then tells us later and posts on FB.  No problem for me except the one time we went over to their house and we thought it would be nice to order pizza and then she told us no, we should go home.  We found out that night on FB that they went out to eat at our friends restaurant and we would have gone too and paid our way.  They told dh it was an afterthought to eat their after we had left. 

Anyway we went to eat at a restaurant so I posted pics on FB.  My family live in different states and we have not eaten out at this place so I posted pics.  Anyway now dh says that I posted it to make her jealous.  I could not believe he would say that.  I posted it because all my family posts food pics of places to eat.  I always tell him lets go to their place or visit his parents and he always says no, we are busy.  Now today he says I was showing off by posting food pics.  I don't know.  Was I wrong?  I feel like dh wants me to feel ashamed and hide anything good we get or do so that MIL does not get her feelings hurt or feel bad.  But why should I feel bad.  They eat out every single day, both lunch and dinner and I am fine with them.  It's like he is obsessed with their feelings or how I might hurt their feelings if I have something better.  Am I nuts?

Sorry for rambling.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
This whole post is ridiculous.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM
It's YOUR facebook. You explained your reason and he can get over it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM
How old are we?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I'm having a hard time understanding how you did anything wrong.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Me too, not sure what I did?  

KimmieLu
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Why would that hurt her feelings??

I don't get it....
Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

This whole post is ridiculous.

I agree.

God Loves You, And So, Do I !!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Lol, I don't know?  Unfortunately his other brothers and sisters spouses do not like the in-laws at all so dh thinks I don't either.  I think he's thinking I am the same way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN