Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long did you wait to announce your pregnancy?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM
  • 45 Replies
I am 12 weeks and we haven't told anyone yet. I'm really not looking forward to telling anyone because my family will be unsupportive. They all live near me and I see them all the time so I can't wait too much longer. I'd just rather not tell them at all, but I have to at some point. I just don't want to hear negative comments. This is our 5th baby.
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2b2many
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I told my mom; husband and best friend at 5 weeks when I found out. Extended family and friends we told 12 weeks; we would have waited longer but people were starting to guess because I kept canceling morning appointments and was bloated
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM
My husband told everyone we knew as soon as the home test was positive.
Fallaya
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I waited until I was 14 weeks along before I told my family. SO told his mom immediately, and she blabbed to all her family and friends....lol!
villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I told DH right away. I found out i was prego at 8 weeks. My best friend and sister found out shortly after that but we waited to make the big announcement until i was about 16 weeks. i had a miscarriage at 11 weeks a few years ago and so i wanted to make sure everything was going good. I am not 27 weeks and have told everyone.

xoxRachelxox
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I told my husband and best friend first, then I told the world. lol. 

I cannot keep things like that quiet. I just can't do it. I know you're supposed to wait until you're past the first trimester but... I just can't. I get too excited and want to let people know. 

abbysmommy429
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:03 PM

We told parents right away, but friends and extended family after 12 weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I told at 14 weeks but that was because I wanted to be sure this was a viable pregnancy. We've been ttc for 2 years and miscarried 9 months ago.
GibsonSD92
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:05 PM
With our ds I found out before I missed my period and I didn't hold it in much longer before everyone knew. I found out I was pregnant again the first of June and we were going to wait until between 8-12 weeks because I had a lot of bleeding with my first from weeks 5-7 and good thing we waited this time because we lost the baby a few days later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
molliexollie
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I told my boyfriend...then my cousin because she bought the test for me. Then she couldnt keep her mouth shut so I told my mom and everyone started finding out. I get no personal life!!!!! I didnt even know how far along I was but I was probably 6weeks or so....

cuppycake91
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I told people right away. I just posted it on FB because I figured my mom would tell everyone anyway. I'm 12 weeks too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)