Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long did you wait to announce your pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am 12 weeks and we haven't told anyone yet. I'm really not looking forward to telling anyone because my family will be unsupportive. They all live near me and I see them all the time so I can't wait too much longer. I'd just rather not tell them at all, but I have to at some point. I just don't want to hear negative comments. This is our 5th baby.
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
AMRios
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I waited to have the 1st sonogram with all of them but our 4th we waited until 13 weeks when we found out it was a girl.. We had 3 boys already...

zeenah
by Zarah on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I was over 5 months along when I told everyone..

aidensmomma12
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM
3 months. I didnt know I was pregnant though. If i had known I would have told everyone at 12 weeks. Wow, 5th baby! Congrats. :)
ARPsMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM
My first we told everyone right away. My last I told my mom and sister, then we told MIL and she plastered it on Facebook so I had to call all my family that are on her Facebook so they heard it from me.
Ali32
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:08 PM

17 weeks

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Thanks! It was a surprise but we are happy about it. I'm just not happy that I will get to hear negative comments from family.

Quoting aidensmomma12:

3 months. I didnt know I was pregnant though. If i had known I would have told everyone at 12 weeks. Wow, 5th baby! Congrats. :)

MyStarLight
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Usually tillnim about 12-14weeks to.everyone and my.parents around 8weeks
just to be on the safe side
MyahsMom
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I have told with each of my kiddos right away. But we just started TTC baby #4, and I am not looking forward to telling people so I'm not sure if I will tell right away again or not. I hate hearing the astounding "OH MY GODS!" and disbelief at anyone having any more than 2.5 children. Our children our loved, taken care of and extremely well provided for by us. Why is it so hard to believe that we would want more beautiful blessings :)
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I told them before the pee stick dried lol. Everyone knew we had been trying.

pregnancy

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM

This is my number 5, too. And you seem to be due close to me. I am die January 14. I am very sorry that your family will be asses about it.

Quoting norahsmommy:

Thanks! It was a surprise but we are happy about it. I'm just not happy that I will get to hear negative comments from family.

Quoting aidensmomma12:

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN