Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did you wait to announce your pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am 12 weeks and we haven't told anyone yet. I'm really not looking forward to telling anyone because my family will be unsupportive. They all live near me and I see them all the time so I can't wait too much longer. I'd just rather not tell them at all, but I have to at some point. I just don't want to hear negative comments. This is our 5th baby.
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
AprilJ24
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM
This!!!

Quoting justinnaimee:

My husband told everyone we knew as soon as the home test was positive.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I'm sorry you have such unsupportive family. :(

The first people I told were my best friend and his mom (who is more mom to me than my own mother ever was), and I did it the second I was sure because I was 16 years old, confused, scared and really needed a couple supportive ears to talk to. I believe I was 7-8 weeks, something like that. At some point during the same week, or the week after, I told baby's father. Wish I hadn't.

And those were really all the announcements I cared to make. The rest, including my own mother, I just left to figure it out by themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM
With my first I told everyone within a few weeks. With my last I told my husband a few days after I found out then friends and my ILs and finally my family after my gender ultrasound.
Sondi7
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM

17 weeks.

RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I found out at 5 weeks & posted it on Facebook. My 4th.
shymomof4
by Kristyn on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:18 PM

With my son I told them about a week before i gave birth.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM

We waited until 12 wks to tell people.Probably should have waited longer,since I have a history of late miscarriages but we were just too excited to wait any longer.

Cassie2115
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM
We told our parents and a couple others right away. It has leaked around through both families now. Thinking about making it Facebook official Wednesday when I have an 18 week ultrasound.
thatgirlNH
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Sorry you have no one to tell, but you just told me, so CONGRATS!!!! Are you excited? Do you want a boy or girl, (what are your kids now??) That sounded weird, but you know what I mean :) Well congrats, hope you are having a great pregnancy.

Oh, and I told everyone I knew the moment I found out pretty much lol. I believe I was just around 4 weeks pregnant at the time!

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:22 PM
With my first DD 14 weeks. With my second 7 weeks. After so many losses we wanted to make sure before announcing. Also didn't know until 10 weeks with DD 1 . I was on BC for 6/7 years no issues and thought nothing of a spotty period. Happened a few times before.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured