Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long did you wait to announce your pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am 12 weeks and we haven't told anyone yet. I'm really not looking forward to telling anyone because my family will be unsupportive. They all live near me and I see them all the time so I can't wait too much longer. I'd just rather not tell them at all, but I have to at some point. I just don't want to hear negative comments. This is our 5th baby.
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
kimmaylove013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:22 PM

With my first I was 5 months I didn't start showing until almost 6

with my second immediately after the first ultrasound. So 6 weeks.

the third 14 weeks. Tho hubby and my mom knew earlier around 4 weeks

mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM

My DD spilt the beans at 10 weeks, but we officially announced at 13 weeks. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
pregnancy week by week
michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM
After I passed the 1st trimester.
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM

With our first dd, I waited a week after we found out, so I was maybe 6 weeks at the time.

With our second, I found out I was pregnant after a weekend of extreme stomach pains.  So, we waited, just to be sure things were going to go good and I was around 11 weeks when we told.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Maybe a couple hours? LOL. My husband and I support ourselves and have never asked for anything from anyone, yet my grandmother (who I'm closest too) was dissapointed both times, I have no idea why? Honestly nothing could possibly have been said to me to ruin how excited I was to be a mommy (both times). My grandmother still says "I wish you would have had one" "or kids are just so hard, but you want to have them." She says I'm a great mom and that she is proud of me all the time, I think her disappointment was just her way of showing worry for me. She loves her great grandkids to death! Dont let you family get you down.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Past 12 weeks. If I ever become preggo again, I have contemplated waiting until I'm 20 weeks and beyond. Just to see how long I can go without announcing it haha
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM

When I found out I was pregnant I was already about 10 weeks, so when my dates were confirmed I was about 11 weeks, I told immediate family right away, my Mum & Dad & sister, his Mom & sisters and my best friend, we didnt make it common knowledge till I was about 16 weeks or so.

bcoll
by Brandi on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM

We usually wait till about the 12 week mark.

Why will they be unsupportive?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM
With our first we waited til 19 weeks, second we waited until 21 weeks, with this pregnancy (currently 7 weeks) we will tell at 12 weeks.
Since this is your 5th pregnancy, why are you recluctant to tell them?
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM

the first one we were waiting until 12 weeks I m/c at 10 1/2 weeks. the 2nd we told our parents at like 6 weeks and everyone else at 12 weeks. the 3rd we announced it at xmas with dd wearing a big sister shirt i was only 5 weeks almost 6 but i wanted to do it when everyone would be in one place. the 4th i htink we told around 8-10 weeks and the 5th pregnancy we annouced at 21 weeks. We sent an u/s pic out in our xmas card :) with the gender and due date written on the back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN