Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Trailer park = trashy home? Pics.

Posted by   + Show Post
There was another post going on this topic and many people seem to think that a mobile home in a park means you can't have a nice home so im going to put myself out there(foolishly maybe) to show that nice ones on nice lots do exist and they are not all created equal. [IMG]http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s537/barefootbrats/20130630_202209_zpsd4fa9cd3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s537/barefootbrats/20130630_202620_zpsf1a215c7.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s537/barefootbrats/20130630_203552_zpsf40fa397.jpg[/IMG]
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Replies (231-238):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh jeezuz. You are the one confused. Trailers ARE manufactured homes. You are obviously thinking MODULAR, which is a horse of a different color. Education, my dear Watson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufactured_home

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_home

Quoting justpeachy71904:

You are confused. Like I said earlier. Trailer vs manufactures home = 2 different things

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

And this is a sketch up of a "trailer" house.

They aren't made like they used to be. They are made just as well, if not better, than stick built houses. They are built in a controlled environment, which means the elements can't destroy the work in progress. They are built to strict codes. They have the same size framing as a stick home, drywall walls, and can have multiple levels. And models like this one can cost upward of $300,000.

People who think "trailers" are trash are just fucking stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

If you're in the country, there is simply no need for a lawn. Secondly, where in the world would you store outdoor toys?

Quoting jessi2girls:

Who said I had a "perfect" lawn.. I just stated that I had no issues maintaining our lawn.. You mow it, weed wack it... put grass seed down if a trouble spot comes up.. and you pick up your yard.. make sure you don't have toys everywhere across the lawn.. 

and you do a bit of landscaping.. anything from just simple around the house garden.. or you could go more extreme like my grandmother did have gardens throughout the entire yard..

It's really not that hard to do the basics!   

Quoting Anonymous:

If you live in the country, why would you waste time, money, and water on a "perfect" lawn? We have a mobile home on our 2,000 acre farm (not our primary residence) and wouldn't dream of messing with a lawn out there.

Quoting jessi2girls:

I live in the country, and have no issues maintaining our lawn.. just saying..

and it's not just the grass issue.. there is no landscaping, toys are scattered everywhere, there is junk under the patio/porch.. and siding is popping off the bottom of the trailer. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, why are you attacking her lol? It is in the country obviously. People in the country don't have perfectly manicured lawns.

Quoting Anonymous:

How much was the fine for this nasty yard of yours and lmao @ your lawn service.

Pic off your site, one you didn't post.

photo 20130630_202241_zps85448de1.jpg

Quoting Barefootbrats:

I must be honest, some of the homes here are not cared for as well as I care for mine. I spend slot of time and energy into mine which others don't and I would and do consider some of them trashy but that's because they have trash thrown about so it is very literally trashy. We have lawn service weekly and the grounds as a whole are well cared for. If I had more daylight I would go out and do more photos for you cuts but it was a spur of the moment thing. The management dishes out fines for the few that are trashy and out of 442 homes here I would be confident in saying that at least 420 of threats well maintained.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

My DH's grandparents live in a trailerpark in the middle of the Sierra mountains. They got these awesome pine trees in their backyard. They get bears sometimes. They are about 20 minutes from Yosemite (well depending what enterence you go in)

see. I would LOVE this to be in my backyard. Trailer or not

& to be so close to this. . .yep. I'd live in a trailer.

JTE11
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM

In my job I had to travel to people's homes and I've seen some very nice trailers/mobile homes, but I have to say that the ones in parks tended in general to be less nice than the ones on other property, but not always. It does happen. I've been in every mobile home park in our county and I can say that few of them are truly nice but a couple are.

unusualmom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I live in a double wide but on our family farm. Not in a trailer park. I have lived in a mobile home my whole married life. Its in no way trashy.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:47 PM
ok anon

And you are using Wikipedia as a source!

You know anyone even a 9yr old can edit that right?

Smh

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh jeezuz. You are the one confused. Trailers ARE manufactured homes. You are obviously thinking MODULAR, which is a horse of a different color. Education, my dear Watson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufactured_home

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_home

Quoting justpeachy71904:

You are confused. Like I said earlier. Trailer vs manufactures home = 2 different things

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

And this is a sketch up of a "trailer" house.

They aren't made like they used to be. They are made just as well, if not better, than stick built houses. They are built in a controlled environment, which means the elements can't destroy the work in progress. They are built to strict codes. They have the same size framing as a stick home, drywall walls, and can have multiple levels. And models like this one can cost upward of $300,000.

People who think "trailers" are trash are just fucking stupid.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM
no That's not what I'm annoyed with. Don't call me fucking names. And hide behind and anon button.
your link proves nothing. Period
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM

So what, you have fields of weeds that you just run wild? 

Or is it that you live in desert like place and have no idea what country life looks like elsewhere? 

Because unless you simply don't have grass.. well then dear, you have to cut it at some point..  well, you don't HAVE to, but let's face it, it looks pretty abandoned and well, you get the picture..

when you cut your grass, that defines where your lawn is! lol. 

Where do you store outdoor toys? A shed, a garage, an outdoor toy box.. etc. Of course there are some toys that can't be stored, larger play houses, swing sets and such.. so you make them into part of the landscaping.. 

I really wonder now what your lawn looks like.. and how YOU define one.. because seriously I really don't understand how you justify living in the country means you can't maintain it... 

Quoting Anonymous:

If you're in the country, there is simply no need for a lawn. Secondly, where in the world would you store outdoor toys?

Quoting jessi2girls:

Who said I had a "perfect" lawn.. I just stated that I had no issues maintaining our lawn.. You mow it, weed wack it... put grass seed down if a trouble spot comes up.. and you pick up your yard.. make sure you don't have toys everywhere across the lawn.. 

and you do a bit of landscaping.. anything from just simple around the house garden.. or you could go more extreme like my grandmother did have gardens throughout the entire yard..

It's really not that hard to do the basics!   

Quoting Anonymous:

If you live in the country, why would you waste time, money, and water on a "perfect" lawn? We have a mobile home on our 2,000 acre farm (not our primary residence) and wouldn't dream of messing with a lawn out there.

Quoting jessi2girls:

I live in the country, and have no issues maintaining our lawn.. just saying..

and it's not just the grass issue.. there is no landscaping, toys are scattered everywhere, there is junk under the patio/porch.. and siding is popping off the bottom of the trailer. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, why are you attacking her lol? It is in the country obviously. People in the country don't have perfectly manicured lawns.

Quoting Anonymous:

How much was the fine for this nasty yard of yours and lmao @ your lawn service.

Pic off your site, one you didn't post.

photo 20130630_202241_zps85448de1.jpg

Quoting Barefootbrats:

I must be honest, some of the homes here are not cared for as well as I care for mine. I spend slot of time and energy into mine which others don't and I would and do consider some of them trashy but that's because they have trash thrown about so it is very literally trashy. We have lawn service weekly and the grounds as a whole are well cared for. If I had more daylight I would go out and do more photos for you cuts but it was a spur of the moment thing. The management dishes out fines for the few that are trashy and out of 442 homes here I would be confident in saying that at least 420 of threats well maintained.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)