Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has it been a time your kid(s) didn't have a birthday party ?

For instants if you couldn't afford it or other reasons
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:03 AM
I'm really just all over the place about my ds birthday and where we want to have it etc etc. He's turning 2 on the 9th and I'm soo confused as to what to do. Husband and I have ideas but we're wayyy behind

Quoting Master_Debater:

Yes, my dd didn't have one this past birthday. She did get a few gifts (some from us, one from her aunt). I felt horrible and it'll never happen again.

Also, parties with us usually just consist of the 4 of us and maybe aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins though.

mommy2lexinmark
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:04 AM
last year my son turned 6, he begged to.go.to the beach for the day as a family, and go on rides....we told him it was that or a party, not both....he picked the beach! we still.had cake and our family over on his bday!
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Mobile.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever taken a grammar or spelling class in your life?
livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:05 AM
1 mom liked this

nope my kids are 9 and 8.  they have had a huge party with between 20-30 kids every year both of them.   I always get told that I spoil them lol.   But it is their Birthday and we really enjoy celebrating it in a major way :)  it works for us :)   They are both IVF children that I NEVER thought I would have,  so I guess their Birthday has always been special for us :D

crumpy_gat
by No. on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:06 AM

No

Master_Debater
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Are you guys close to family? Whether distance or relationship wise? What's your general area?

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

I'm really just all over the place about my ds birthday and where we want to have it etc etc. He's turning 2 on the 9th and I'm soo confused as to what to do. Husband and I have ideas but we're wayyy behind

Quoting Master_Debater:

Yes, my dd didn't have one this past birthday. She did get a few gifts (some from us, one from her aunt). I felt horrible and it'll never happen again.

Also, parties with us usually just consist of the 4 of us and maybe aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins though.

mommy2lexinmark
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:08 AM
5 moms liked this
bahaha
have u ever cared about something so inevitably stupid as online grammar?! lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever taken a grammar or spelling class in your life?
bellawomen
by Summer on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:08 AM
My son has always had a birthday party, except last December. He wanted to instead go on a mini tour of Los Angeles, so we spent his birthday weekend up there. :)
mommy2lexinmark
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:10 AM
whatever u do, DON'T GO TO CHUCK.E CHEESE....I'd rather burn.slowly in hell.then to EVER have to.go.there and deal with the hooligans that run wild, again!

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

Quoting Master_Debater:

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:12 AM
We're very close to both sides but my side of the family is a littleeee closer. Dh family is about 20 minutes away and that's the location where I want to have his bday but my family probably doesn't know much about that side of town. I justified want everyone to be able to come. Plus we're late sending invitations/texts out bc bills were do.etc

Quoting Master_Debater:

Are you guys close to family? Whether distance or relationship wise? What's your general area?

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

Quoting Master_Debater:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)