Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has it been a time your kid(s) didn't have a birthday party ?

For instants if you couldn't afford it or other reasons
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Last year ds, df and me were so ill we cancelled his 2nd. He still got his presents and cake ghe following week but never managed to reschedule the party that summer as it wad a big one at my house.
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I loved you for this lol we'd never go there o_0 I can't take it! Plus I was thinking outdoors

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

whatever u do, DON'T GO TO CHUCK.E CHEESE....I'd rather burn.slowly in hell.then to EVER have to.go.there and deal with the hooligans that run wild, again!

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

I'm really just all over the place about my ds birthday and where we want to have it etc etc. He's turning 2 on the 9th and I'm soo confused as to what to do. Husband and I have ideas but we're wayyy behind

Quoting Master_Debater:

Yes, my dd didn't have one this past birthday. She did get a few gifts (some from us, one from her aunt). I felt horrible and it'll never happen again.

Also, parties with us usually just consist of the 4 of us and maybe aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Yep! The last two years. We are a military family that moves around alot and have no family around, so its just me, DH and son. I make him cake and get him a card. DS us only two, we fugure he doesnt know much yet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Yep, my oldest daughters 2nd birthday, and my youngest daughters 1st birthday. We couldn't even afford a cake on my oldests 2nd birthday, she had one of those microwave cake things. For my other daughter she got a store bought cake, but it was only me, her dad, and her sister and it wasn't really a party. This year she turns two, and we're thinking of doing a bar-b-que. I kind of regret not having my mom at her first birthday, she passed away in January so she won't ever get to go to another birthday party again :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:20 AM

My daughter turns 2 on the 9th as well! Sorry, just wanted to add that in :p

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

I loved you for this lol we'd never go there o_0 I can't take it! Plus I was thinking outdoors

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

whatever u do, DON'T GO TO CHUCK.E CHEESE....I'd rather burn.slowly in hell.then to EVER have to.go.there and deal with the hooligans that run wild, again!

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

I'm really just all over the place about my ds birthday and where we want to have it etc etc. He's turning 2 on the 9th and I'm soo confused as to what to do. Husband and I have ideas but we're wayyy behind

Quoting Master_Debater:

Yes, my dd didn't have one this past birthday. She did get a few gifts (some from us, one from her aunt). I felt horrible and it'll never happen again.

Also, parties with us usually just consist of the 4 of us and maybe aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins though.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:22 AM

I always cook a special meal for my boys on their bday. My oldest son is away at college on his birthday so he gets his when he comes home for summer break. I do send him a card and call him on his birthday.

jennj76569
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Yea once because he has a summer bday and i didnt have contacts :( so we just took him to the beach to celebrate.. This year hes eleven and i didnt get to have him one on his bday because we were strapped for cash but we postponed it for next weekend which is 2 weeks late but hey im still going to come through for him... It makes me sad though because it doesnt feel the same to me... I wonder if he cares??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:26 AM
My daughter had birthday parties from ages 1-6 then ones at 9 and 10 then a school party at 15 and small (3 people each party) ones at 19 and 21. My younger ones (who are 8,8 and 10) have never had a birthday party, my 10yo because he's never wanted to and my twins because the school policy of invite everyone means that I would have to invite 60 people. >.>
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Awwwwwwww!!!! my ds love and absolutely just have to get his way. Is your dd like this?

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter turns 2 on the 9th as well! Sorry, just wanted to add that in :p

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

Quoting Master_Debater:

Sharon300
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:28 AM

I dont always throw a birthday party for my daughter, but I do have a cake and presents for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured