Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has it been a time your kid(s) didn't have a birthday party ?

For instants if you couldn't afford it or other reasons
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:32 AM

Usually, she's a big daddy's girl. She can be a little terror though. Her new thing is tormenting her sister by sitting on my lap to make her jealous.

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

Awwwwwwww!!!! my ds love and absolutely just have to get his way. Is your dd like this?

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter turns 2 on the 9th as well! Sorry, just wanted to add that in :p

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

I loved you for this lol we'd never go there o_0 I can't take it! Plus I was thinking outdoors

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

whatever u do, DON'T GO TO CHUCK.E CHEESE....I'd rather burn.slowly in hell.then to EVER have to.go.there and deal with the hooligans that run wild, again!

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

I'm really just all over the place about my ds birthday and where we want to have it etc etc. He's turning 2 on the 9th and I'm soo confused as to what to do. Husband and I have ideas but we're wayyy behind

Quoting Master_Debater:

Yes, my dd didn't have one this past birthday. She did get a few gifts (some from us, one from her aunt). I felt horrible and it'll never happen again.

Also, parties with us usually just consist of the 4 of us and maybe aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins though.

SageAdvice
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:40 AM

My children do not have birthday parties. We do have a family dinner and they get a gift,

But they were all required to earn and then donate a gift for each year they lived to children who didn't have anything ( shelter children and we would spend a day working at a soup kitchen )

I taught them that while they are loved and special to me, they are just people who are extremely lucky to be born into their circumstances and they needed to make a difference in others children/peoples lives also.

Some people think I was wrong to do this, but most of them are grown and they still donate and volunteer each year and give to others and are teaching their children to do the same.

SageAdvice
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:43 AM

My youngest loves Lego land and is determined to visit all there different ones parks/resorts/theme thingies before he's 15. We have 3 to go lol

Quoting Anonymous:

My son didn't have one this year. We took him and his best friend to Legoland and stayed at their new hotel during opening week instead.

QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:46 AM

We normally keep it simple since it's the week before Christmas.  Money is tighter than a camel's ass in a sandstorm.   Normally, just a family get together at the house.  

fairymom82
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:46 AM
We celebrate among family and do cake bbq and go to a special place. This 4th of July we are doing Kings Island which is also my second sons bday
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:47 AM
My daugter is 3. She has had all her birthday parties at her grandparents house (my in-laws) its a family thing.
Sammi20
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Nope not yet... we are only at her 3rd bday coming up though. I messed up the dates for her first bday party so it kinda SUCKED no one showed up... (It was a wednesday... Everyone had to work) her 2nd was Very small cause we moved to Oregon, far away from family and friends... but it was a blast water slide and sprinklers for her and 4 other little kids. I'm Really hoping her 3rd bday is good since we are going to meet my parents in the middle at great grammas house and A lot of family is there so it should be nice seeing everyone! So my DD gets to be with Gramma Grampa, Great gramma and great grandpa and tons of cousins! Mega excited Just sent some e-vites a minute ago. Wish me luck! lol

(The scary part is how hot it will be there Oy BLEH!)

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Sammi20
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:11 AM
Go to Target, Get a 5 dollar kids slip and slide... OR a big blue tarp and a sprinkler. Instant summer birthday party!!! Your 2 year old will LOVE it... that and cake! Girl you will be in HEAVEN! haha And you get to sit back and chat with friends xD Also Chips, burgers/or hot dogs and a veggie platter Bam. You are Set. lol
Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

I'm really just all over the place about my ds birthday and where we want to have it etc etc. He's turning 2 on the 9th and I'm soo confused as to what to do. Husband and I have ideas but we're wayyy behind

Quoting Master_Debater:

Yes, my dd didn't have one this past birthday. She did get a few gifts (some from us, one from her aunt). I felt horrible and it'll never happen again.

Also, parties with us usually just consist of the 4 of us and maybe aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins though.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
autumns_mom22
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Nope. Hopefully, it never happens till they tell me they don't want them anymore. We've always done birthday parties whether big or small.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:14 AM

Well, no. We did have to postpone our daughter's first birthday for a week though, because dh got called out of town for work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured