Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has it been a time your kid(s) didn't have a birthday party ?

For instants if you couldn't afford it or other reasons
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Replies (361-369):
andrea0314
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Didn't give my daughters a party this year because my money was tight however I spent there birthday with them taking them out we had a mommy daughter day instead went shopping to eat etc and they loved that much more. But I plan to give parties from now on
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM

for instants? you're pretty dumb, aren't you? it's INSTANCE. 

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM

No, and we have had some pretty rough times. 

And dd2 is having her bday party this weekend. I've been working my butt off for the last week to get ready for this party to make sure she has a good day. I think it's more important for me as a mother to do this for her than it probably is for her to actually have a party. I also make it a point to attend all of the bday parties that we are invited to. I think my kid's friendships are important and it helps us get to know other people in our community. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Ds has had a party every year except the year he turned 6. We surprised him with a weekend away at Great Wolf Lodge instead. We didn't know many of the kids in his K class yet, and couldn't decided on a party. He still had a family party, though, and since we took him to GWL on his actual b-day, we had presents and cake in our hotel room, too. 

HeyEinstein
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM
We don't do birthday parties. I have twice but they were a headache. My kids can have them when they are older and can pick which friends to invite.
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Yes. I do not make huge deals out of birthdays, except the "big" ones. I have summer babies, and I'm a summer baby. So I know how frustrating it is when you have a party and nobody shows up because they are out of town or whatever. So we just don't do them. We have gone away for the weekend, we usually have cake with the family, they get one gift.

HeyEinstein
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I think your reply is far dumber than a simple spelling mistake or typo.

Seriously, that's your contribution to this post?

Quoting Anonymous:

for instants? you're pretty dumb, aren't you? it's INSTANCE. 

aj_mom
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM

No kids do not NEED to have a birthday party. They may WANT one but they aren't going to perish if they don't get one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Yeah,my oldest turned 7 yesterday, he wanted a party & to take some friends to the movies & got to lunch. We told him one or the other. So we had cake & icecream yesterday for him with his grandpartens & next saturday we will take him & 3 other kids to the movies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured