Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has it been a time your kid(s) didn't have a birthday party ?

For instants if you couldn't afford it or other reasons
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
autumns_mom22
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:17 AM
2 moms liked this
I hate Chuck E Cheese with a passion!!! My SIL takes her kids their for their birthdays, not their parties just the day if the party didn't fall in the actual birthday, and anytime we have been there for our nieces birthday we end up having to go. UGH!! I'd rather stick a needle in my eye than deal with that place!!!

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

whatever u do, DON'T GO TO CHUCK.E CHEESE....I'd rather burn.slowly in hell.then to EVER have to.go.there and deal with the hooligans that run wild, again!

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

I'm really just all over the place about my ds birthday and where we want to have it etc etc. He's turning 2 on the 9th and I'm soo confused as to what to do. Husband and I have ideas but we're wayyy behind

Quoting Master_Debater:

Yes, my dd didn't have one this past birthday. She did get a few gifts (some from us, one from her aunt). I felt horrible and it'll never happen again.

Also, parties with us usually just consist of the 4 of us and maybe aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins though.

....ClvrScn.
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:20 AM
My son will be 6 this year. We learned after his 3rd birthday to stop wasting our money on big parties. Hjs birthday is december 22nd so no one shows.. its frustrating. So now we just do a cake and presents after dinner on christmas eve when my family is already together and a trip somewhere for his big gift. Last year it was an indoor water park.

As he gets older and makes school friends and has relationships independant from me we might go back to parties
bahamamama61
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:25 AM
I have 2 boys with Birthdays on the 9th:) 1 will be 27:) And 1 will be 32:)

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter turns 2 on the 9th as well! Sorry, just wanted to add that in :p

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

I loved you for this lol we'd never go there o_0 I can't take it! Plus I was thinking outdoors

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

whatever u do, DON'T GO TO CHUCK.E CHEESE....I'd rather burn.slowly in hell.then to EVER have to.go.there and deal with the hooligans that run wild, again!

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

I'm really just all over the place about my ds birthday and where we want to have it etc etc. He's turning 2 on the 9th and I'm soo confused as to what to do. Husband and I have ideas but we're wayyy behind

Quoting Master_Debater:

Yes, my dd didn't have one this past birthday. She did get a few gifts (some from us, one from her aunt). I felt horrible and it'll never happen again.

Also, parties with us usually just consist of the 4 of us and maybe aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikabear
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:25 AM
My son or daughter haven't a party the past two years because my son wanted to go to Busch gardens last year and Legoland this year and my daughter went to Animal Kingdom and the magic Kingdom for her birthdays.
mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:26 AM

We don't have parties for the kids. For the past several years, we have celebrated by have a birthday weekend. The girls get to pick where we go and what we do. The girls love it and prefer it over a party. I *think* we are going to come back down to FL for my youngest's birthday in a few weeks..her birthday is August 4th, which is the day before school starts so we can't do anything that weekend. She said she wants to come back to Fl and celebrate with her Grandparents, so we'll probably come back down. ( we are here now and leaving tomorrow as we've been here for a couple of weeks) My oldest has not decided yet as hers is in November and we have time to think about it still. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:28 AM
No, we couldn't afford chuck e cheese for dd this year though and felt like crap!
We just did something with family at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM

my kids, 6 & 8, have never had 'parties.'  We just don't do them.  Grandparents come over for dinner, usually the weekend following, and they get girfts from me and some other family members, but there's never been what anyone I know would call a 'party'

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Once, and it was this year for my dd's 6th b-day. We had just moved, we don't know anyone here and closest family is 6-7 hours away. We did, however, take her to a small theme park and get her a cake and some presents from us. Just no huge party like we use to do... have a year to make friends in the area tho, so hoping it won't happen again :)
ajrjj05
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM

At age 10 we start movies with friends. No parties. 

Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:32 AM

That starts in October!  I have always done parties (they are 9 and 6).  We can't do it at home, so, we've let them choose.  The two places we've had them were at Chuck E Cheese and a rec center with party rooms.  Last October, our oldest turned 9.  She had 3 friends show up and we had about 15 family members show up.  This past March, our youngest turned 6.  It was even worse.  Two friends and about 10 family members. The only ones who took advantage of an RSVP were the ones who showed.  The others didn't even bother to say "we're not coming," so, I wasn't sure of food to make and everything, just in case they decided to pop in.  

After that, we talked to the girls and decided no more parties.  At all.  I'm sure some of my family members will get butt hurt, but, it's not their money being shelled out for nobody to show.  

Instead, a month prior to their big day, they can pick a day trip.  We don't have any of this really close, but, we do have an aquarium and zoo 4 hours away, caverns about 2 hours away, it's their choice.  Parties are now a thing of the past. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)