Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long after your c-section did you have to wait to go to the NICU?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

For anyone that had a preemie and a c-section?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SageAdvice
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM

As soon as you can walk 25 feet most times they will wheel you up there, sometimes you can go up anyway ask a nurse to take you. Demand to be wheeled up there !

SageAdvice
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Most hospitals are accommodating to mothers of preemies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:34 AM

I'm planning on as soon as I'm no longer numb demanding a wheelchair

Quoting SageAdvice:

As soon as you can walk 25 feet most times they will wheel you up there, sometimes you can go up anyway ask a nurse to take you. Demand to be wheeled up there !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:41 AM

What about those of us who had a full-term baby who needed time in the NICU & a c-section. My baby was born at 39weeks 4 days by c-section. I didn't get to see him AT ALL until the next day when they finally let me go to the NICU. Didn't get to hold him till he was a week old. He spent nearly 4 months in the NICU, his after discharge peds visit was also his 4 month check-up.

SageAdvice
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:41 AM

It's going to hurt but start shaking your legs back and forth (use your hands to rock/shake them if you have too ) it will help the numbness wear off faster and you'll be able to see the LO sooner :o) Oh and congratulations on your bundle of joy.

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:45 AM

I did not have a preemie... but I had a c-section and DD never once left my side.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:56 AM
They took me to see my son on their way to taking me to my room. They wheeled my whole bed in there. But then I didn't get to see him for another 24hrs. It was awful
lovehimforever
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:57 AM
they said I could have gone at any time. I waited till I could feel and move my legs. I called down to the nicu alot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IFartGlitter
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:00 AM
My baby was nit a preemie but was hyperventilating and was held over night. They weren't going to let me go until morning, but I got myself up out of bed, blood running everywhere, and scared the nurses so much they got me a wheelchair and took me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:03 AM
I had her at 12:45 pm on Sat and did not see her until about 6pm on Sun. I was in recovery the whole time and pretty sick from pre-eclampsia.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)