Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long after your c-section did you have to wait to go to the NICU?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

For anyone that had a preemie and a c-section?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Replies (31-36):
grouchymama
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM
They took me by for just a few minutes on my way from recovery to my room. By day 2 I was walking there on my own. The hospital was under construction so it was a kind of a long walk.
MamaToCollin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I work L&D, as soon as mom's c-section recovery is over, we take her to NICU on the stretcher before she ever goes to her post partum room.

Willis_Mommie
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM
my twins were 31 weekers and as soon as i could move myself a little to get in a wheelchair i was down there....c-section was at 5:30 am i was down there by 1 or 2 pm.....it might have been earlier...i blocked alot of it out cause well it was the scariest day of my life...mine were in nicu for 5 weeks....one came home Dec 18th the other came home Dec 22....thank god they were both home for christmas!!!!

if you have any question...feel free to message me...i am vol. nicu mom for my county here in text
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirlNH
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Well for me, I had to wait until DS was out of surgery. And I had to wait until I could literally walk, and the feeling came back to my legs. Then they brought me into my room. Once that happened, I waited a bit more and then DS was in NICU so I went up to see him. It was about 8 hours after his birth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I had a c-sec and my baby never ended up at the NICU and he was 6 weeks early and only weighed 4 lb 9 oz. He was kept in my room with me.

taz1993
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I had to wait until they took me off the morphine pump. I think it was 12 hours before they allowed me to go there. I didn't have a preemie, she went to the nicu for breathing issues
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN