Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do your kids take vitamins? Why/ why not?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:31 AM
  • 21 Replies

Just curious if your kids take vitamins?

If yes what ages are the kid and why do you give thm vitamins?

if no, why not?

do you take vitamins?

Mine usually don't but daughter just started puberty so I bought some for her.,just thought it would be a good idea with all the changes her body will be going through. 

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BKozICan
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Yes, children's gummies. Ds#2 also takes fish oil gummies.

Why? Insurance--trying to make sure they get enough vitamins and minerals. Older son eats enough variety that he probably doesn't need them, but ds#2 is gluten and casein free. I worry about him getting enough calcium and B-vitamins.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Both my boys take Omega 3-6-9. The oldest because his cholesterol was too high and the cardiologist suggested it. (No he is not overweight, he is actually underweight). The other son because I read it helps with ADHD symptoms. 

All 3 kids take gummy vitamins to help make up for the nutrional deffiency in our diets. 

southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM
They take calcium and omega gummies.

Oldest ds also takes b12 and multivitamins. He has some stomach issues so we have to make sure he is getting what he needs.
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Yes. They take Flora and a food based multi which is a liquid, I put it in their drink in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:51 AM
No cuz my son is allergic to their ingredients most times
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:54 AM

My pediatric Dr. Recommends them and they have a script.. I take a super dose of vitamin D because blood work said I was deficient.

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:59 AM

My little one is almost 2 and no he does not.  The pediatrician hasn't suggested them and he is a really good eater--eating what ever is offered--veggies, meats, fruit, fish etc.  If there comes a time when he no longer is a good eater I'd consider it.

ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:02 AM

I just looked at ingredence for daughter multiple and it's way low for calcium, so i will be adding calcium pills to her multi vitamin. It's high in everything else.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:03 AM

No they eat healthy, have no problems, I feel it would have been a waste of money.

happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:03 AM

This has me thinking....I take flaxseed oil, I wonder if it would help my ADHD child?  Do they omegas help yours?

Quoting Anonymous:

Both my boys take Omega 3-6-9. The oldest because his cholesterol was too high and the cardiologist suggested it. (No he is not overweight, he is actually underweight). The other son because I read it helps with ADHD symptoms. 

All 3 kids take gummy vitamins to help make up for the nutrional deffiency in our diets. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)