Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hamburger helper etc

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:34 AM
  • 13 Replies

Does your family eat Humber/chicken/tuna helper?

if not is it just personal taste or nutritional value?

growing up I never ate stuff like that or Raman noodles etc..... But as an adult I found and like them, so yes we ate them.

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IFartGlitter
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Every once in awhile. I'd just rather cook from scratch. I usually add veggies and such, too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I grew up on that crap and can not eat it. It's nastiness in a box
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Same here... I never grew up with hamburger helper.. It was all homemade food till my mom went on "strike" on cooking and at 12 started cooking for myself.. Hamburger helper was my go to meal and I actually like it... My family hasn't had it Ina while but they do eat it and like it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:41 AM

It was how my mom taught me to cook. I liked them until I started learning to cook from scratch. 

The kids use to love them before my son's tomato allergy got really bad. Now with the very limited choices on Hamburger helpers, they kids dont seem to want it as much. 

ROBIN-C
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Yes I add veggies to it and/or serve with veggies and other things.

i really don't see the difference in making food that way or using noodles from a box and sauce from a jar etc.

MooreBoysMama
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM
DH used to eat it. Now he can't stand the smell. I have never had it. And neither has our children.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM
No, I find it gross in taste and unhealthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeiberHATER
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:45 AM

I used to buy that disgusting crap. Thank god for YOUTUBE and Food Network. I learned how to make from scratch with my own twists to it. It tastes a lot better and I don't load mine down with all that salt. Now that I have learned to do that, I'll never buy it again. As for ramen noodles, I HATE the ones that come in the bag. I LOVE LOVE the CUP O' NOODLES instead.

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Growing up we ate them, but no. I don't serve that in my house for nutritional value.
livelaughlov26
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:50 AM
When my dh and I first started dating I did not know how to cook at all so through a lot of trial and error we went from things like hamburger helper, sandwiches, salad, easy things to actual meals. Now we eat simple still. A lot of grilled or baked fish and chicken. He is the red meat guy. So burgers, shepherd's pie, meatloaf. I like to make fancy stuff but he is a simple guy and likes just meat and potatoes. Basically I just googled recipes and got tips from my amazing MIL. She is an incredible cook. And u am lucky to have her as my mil.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN