Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waitress horror stories

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 170 Replies
1 mom liked this

This not a topic to rant about horrible service.   Its a topic for those working in the industry to share their experiences with terrible guests.  Lucky for me nothing too terrible happens very often, but I'll start.  

A couple of months ago I decided to stay late on a shift and walked by a table where an old man pulled me aside and said something.  I couldn't understand what he said so I was like, Pardon me?  He proceeded to grab my arm and bite my hand as hard as he could---but thankfully he didn't have any teeth.  Honestly, I was beyond pissed.  My mgmt asked me if I  wanted him to be kicked out but I said no because he was so old and about to leave.  I was angry at his family for putting me in that position and they didn't even apologize.  

Last night was the latest.  Some chick came in with her man, and she was rude to me, but I have never in my entire life seen anyone be so mean to their boyfriend!!!  I think it's funny how the people who act like they are better than everyone else are actually the people making the biggest asses of themselves!  

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a guy smear butter up and down my arm. I had another cuss me out over his steak. We had to call the cops on a guy bc we couldnt sell him alcohol bc he had a firearm. Another guy fell asleep in the bathroom bc he was so drunk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Why can't you sell someone alcohol because they have a firearm on themselves?

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a guy smear butter up and down my arm. I had another cuss me out over his steak. We had to call the cops on a guy bc we couldnt sell him alcohol bc he had a firearm. Another guy fell asleep in the bathroom bc he was so drunk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I got cussed out over a steak once and I had the mgmt take over the table.  It was a family restaurant and the f word doesn't fly in my section lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this

It's illegal to operate a fire arm under the influence.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why can't you sell someone alcohol because they have a firearm on themselves?

Quoting Anonymous:

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I had a guy literally throw a plate of ribs in my face.  my cheek was burned and cut from the plate. Why you might ask?  Because the cook made two orders at once for his table and he cut them wrong. So he gave one lady an extra rib bone and the guy felt ripped off. I was getting him a new plate but he wanted a new plate AND  free dinner for himself and his guests. the manager said no and he whipped the plate at me.

Photo: -Randi.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Nothing weird like that has ever happened to me.

The worst thing that has ever happened was a big family with lots of kids making a HUGE mess before leaving. But the very few times that happened they left a HUGE tip. LOL - so all was good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Good lord!  Things like constitute as assault lol. I am pregnant right now so I probably would react differently than normal if someone did that 

Quoting brettsmomma:

I had a guy literally throw a plate of ribs in my face.  my cheek was burned and cut from the plate. Why you might ask?  Because the cook made two orders at once for his table and he cut them wrong. So he gave one lady an extra rib bone and the guy felt ripped off. I was getting him a new plate but he wanted a new plate AND  free dinner for himself and his guests. the manager said no and he whipped the plate at me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured