Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

closed adoption parents

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 31 Replies
For those of you who have given a child up for adoption and it was a closed adoption......what happens if that child were to go looking for you after they turned 18, what would you do if they found you? Do you have an order for the adoptive parents to not let them know how to find you?
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM
After they turn 18 they can do as they wish!
cupcake_mom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Are you a parent that has given s child up on a closed adoption? If so.....what would you tell the child if they found you?

Quoting Anonymous:

After they turn 18 they can do as they wish!
cupcake_mom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Bump
apollothor
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM

No matter how you feel when you give the baby up in a closed adoption, it is impossible to predict how you will feel when you are 30 or 40 or 50 or 60.  If your birth child needed a kidney or stem cells one day you would probably brave the storm and tell the family that didn't know in order to save your biological child's life.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I found my parents. We have been in contact for 6 years. I lived with bm for 4 months to get to know her better. She is kinda wa ky but very sweet. I stay in touch with them all. Besides 1 brother and 2 sister. (there are 6 of us kids total). I see my birth brother every year.
He was also adopted out.

Quoting cupcake_mom:Are you a parent that has given s child up on a closed adoption? If so.....what would you tell the child if they found you?

Quoting Anonymous:After they turn 18 they can do as they wish!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I know a lady that had a closed adoption for 3 kids years ago and one found her and she turned him away. She wanted nothing to do with him. We didn't even know she ever had kids because she told nobody. Her sister was the one that told us.

I myself have an open adoption for my kids.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Bb is the one with his arm around me. My dh is swarmed with our kids and that bb adoptive mother at the end.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

The adoptive parents had my name, address, and phone number (which has never changed in the last 23 yrs). I had a pregnancy as a teenager and opted for a closed adoption and I felt great about my decision. The child is now 23 and has made contact with me and my children I have now. He is very well mannered and sweet as sin and his parents are so nice and friendly. We are now a blended family and spend a great deal of time with each other. They did a great job raising their son and giving me the opportunity to make a wonderful life for myself and the children I now have. If he had not had the contact info and made an effort to search for me his parents would not have had to go to far to find me since I am living in the same home (I inherited my parents home) I was when they adopted him, and my phone number is exactly the same as it was then also. 

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:19 AM
On the other hand my dad found his birth mother....had proof it was her and she told him she never gave birth to a second (him) child :(
smack05
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I was adopted in 65 so it was a very closed adoption however at 21 I was able to find my Bm. And a little later my sisters I'm now 47 and still looking for Bf oh and yes I still speak with my Bm and sisters she is inAz I am in ohio
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)